What containers you use to jar your fish?

Mango4Jade

I was wondering what containers or jars do fellow betta fanatics use to seperate males. So far im using containers from this asian cracker thing and some mineral water bottles. I know there are many alternatives for this, but cant seem to come up with much. Regards Mango :betta:

For adult males (ie breeders and ones i have bought) i use 2.6L plastic clear storage containers (similar to edies, like the ones you store flour in with the screw on lid) and use them in the barracks, even though they take up alot of room and i can only get 10/ tray on, i prefer to give the fish extra room to help prevent fin collapse etc.

My Winter setup = 3L bottles for most of my males (except the guy that gets to swim in between them.. he gets 80L *lol* ) and community tank setups for the girls. Although I have 1 male in each of the girls tank and 1 in my 4L tank residing in a 2L coke bottle and now a male and a female in the 4L in beanie boxes (no water sharing on these though as they are in QT) Summer will be different for the boys as they don't require heating over here so the plan is to try and set up some sort of barracks deal with beanie boxes and a sump while the weather is good :cheer:

In my barracks I use 3.3L Berri Juice bottles. Just put a hole in the side near the top for the overflow and they have plenty of water to swima round in. The only prob with that is trying to get the out of the bottle :cheer:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great minds think alike *lol* 'tis what i use aswell.

I cut the lid and let it hinge to the left. means i can get the fish in and out, and they have no espace route.

Archived