Visit to killiguy's fishroom

Bettarazzi

Jo Oakley and I paid a visit to Doug McColl (killiguy) in Geelong today. We had a ball. Thanks heaps Doug. Really loved the fish, the fishroom and the permanent siphon setup has got me plotting another fishroom makeover. Doug was really generous with his fish and his time and we both came away with lots of goodies.

I took lots and lots of extremely crappy photos. Sadly only a handful were acceptably in focus. Here are some of the fishies.

I think these might be betta falx. Hmm... maybe I better let Doug ID the fish himself. I was a bit overwhelmed by the number of species and tanks and setup and fiddling with the camera. Many of the species names went in one ear and out the other.

These might be N. whitei.

And a pic of the male

The omg so gorgeous N. rachovii. Love that stunning orange stripe on his tail. If only he straightened up a tad sooner.

Got a few pics of the fishroom itself. But that will have to wait till tomorrow. Need to torture you guys a bit. ;) Maybe I'll wait till Monday. ;)

OK some fishroom pics.

This first one is a small room but chock full of goodness. The killies were all in here. Couldn't get far back enough to get all the tanks in the shot. As it was I was standing at the door, holding it open and letting all the cold air in. Sorry about that Doug.

The next two shots are of the two massive racks in his rumpus room. I reckon all my tanks plus all my beanie boxes would take up less than half the space on one of those. ;) All the wild bettas were in here. We saw b.falx, b.foerschi, b.patoti and beautiful b.coccina. There were also some stunning rainbows, the red finned variety of m. maccullochi I found particularly nice.

I had a ball yesterday.

I can talk fish and fish and.....

I got to see Bettas that I have only read about :drool:

Killiguy has more Desert Gobies than you can imagine

I have a huge soft spot for the funny little guys and I am now a very proud Gobie owner.

I can't help falling in love with beautiful fish and I was just blown away by them all.

Those are excellent pics! Giving me ideas about hassling Doug :) The fish pics are really clear, and the setup ones give you a real sense of the space. Only thing wrong is that there isn't more of them!

Awesome fishrooms Doug!