I can't find the reply button in PM's

I am probably just looking in the wrong places, but it seems like the reply button has gone missing when I receive a pm. You can get around it by hitting the quote button, but I've become bizarrely afraid of un-necessarily quoting anyone :P , so delete everything that comes up anyway. Was there a reply button before ;) ? Is it hiding somewhere?

I won't link to the post where it was discussed, since I have already started to reply ;), but it's a side effect of the changes to the buttons when replying to a thread. It caught me out when we first changed over!

Edited by killimike

Caught me out as well. And just to put things in perspective, I knew this change was coming. I understood when Lilli pointed out the side effect in PMs. And I still got caught out. Not just once.... several times. ;) It's ok. We'll all get used to it I'm sure. I'd rather PMs are a bit confusing than having all those unnecessary quotes that we had before. :P

It's a little ironic really, and not in the Alanis Morissette way. But I think it is a damn sight better than reprogramming the whole thing, and when replying to a PM, logic dictates that one of the two buttons is the one you're looking for :dance:

I feel better that it threw even you, prepared as you were, Razzi.

I mean, can I reply to this PM or not?? :P

• 2 weeks later...

I made the damn change and it STILL got me! I had a moment of utter confusion even though I'd been informed that the change had had this *cough* unexpected side effect.

I am sorry guys, but if we have to chose between the two, this seems to be the lesser of the two evils. Hopefully ne next board software upgrade might take care of it, but I'm not holding my breath.