Red Female... that sprouted!

Phil

Sorry about that phil :lol: i must have been half asleep when i picked her/him out .Oh robbie there aint no marble gene in that line so no butterfly's there the white patches on HIS head is because they are a cambo line .To get a better color over the head area you need to introduce the blond gene into the line i.e. If phil crosses him with the yellow female he should get a better color covering over the head area also maybe a little more intencity in the red coloration over the body extending out to the end of the caudal fin .Just my theory after a hell of alot of reading. Maybe Myron Tae might have another way to help improve this line

Nice sprouting indeed... Same with some of my blue 'females' now...They sprout to males! :):D It seems we're way confused with bettas these days....females turned males complete with egg peck! I just have to wait for the platinum/gold CTs to turned males now :)

lol, I am so glad that I am not the only one to have sexed them wrong. I felt like the worst person in the world the first time it happened to me. :) I think the problem is when someone gets fish of me I always try and choose them the best looking pair. So when I see a girl that I think has better branching then her siblings I choose her. Or when I see a girl with better colour I will take her first. The whole time increasing my chance that I could be selecting a late blooming male. Najina

I have got to say, i am so happy that he has turned into a boy, he is soooo beautiful! Mick, i will try him with one of the yellow females like you suggest. One question though, is intense yellow the same as normal yellow? ie. is it still related to red etc?

That is a beautiful intense red - being my fave colour in bettas I am thrilled for you Phil. Get breeding those reds. I'm anxiously awaiting Gavin's next shipment so I can get my hands on some more red girls. I have plenty of boys - currently all lonely bachelor bettas :D My tank of copper fry from Edie are all looking like girls at the moment so I'm hoping they'll do a little "sprouting' like yours. Lis

Archived