Beanie boxes

1sloopy57

Ok folks,

I have hunted all over, and am none the wiser. What are beanie boxes? I surmise that they are small plastic containers of some sort, and read that they hold about 2L, but can't work out what they actually are or what they look like.

cheers

If you've got the $$, go google for acrylic display case makers in your area. Some of them have experience building custom fish tanks and will be more than happy to make some for you. Prices will vary I guess. I've had quotes in the range of $10 - $15 each for about 20 2L tanks. Dimensions are 150mm x 100mm x 100mm :)

so now Im sitting here drooling over B/azzis set up instead of doing my housework. Must not look at B/azzis beanie boxes , must not look at B/azzis beanie boxes , must not ................................................................................

Can I make it my wallpaper? :lol:

Sure, be my guest. :lol: But you realise, don't you, that there's no filtration and since they only hold about 1.5 L I have to do a water change preferably every other day (although I tend to leave it 3-4 days). Plus daily water changes for the juveniles which are in the front row. Took me 2 hours the other day to change water in all the beanies.

Nah, it's only the 56 fish in the beanie boxes that get a water change that often and it's not that good an effort because I usually don't do it that often. And someone came over yesterday and very kindly relieved me of 8. So next time around only 48 to change. :lol: If I'm not mistaken Jodi has 300 beanie boxes like this. And there are probably many people on here that have a lot more jars than me.

• 9 months later...

Umm.... you're right next door to someone aka someone. She has beanie boxes. Bettas. Food. Anything you could possibly want. Search the forum. Her contact details are everywhere.

:cheer: i should have realised she'd have everything under the sun... st lucia isn't huge either. for all i know i've probably met/seen her before (i haven't actually 'met' her before)

Archived