I-tanks

gingerbeer

Hi guys,

I signed on to show you guys this

http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/the-...7568324984.html

I am extremely disapointed such a poor product is being sold by a national chain who should no betta. I believe this has crossed the line horensously. Idiots on e-beay or at a booth in a shopping center are one thing - a national pet store is trusted for advise and when they say this is OK it is deeply concerning.

I have posted this everywhere I visit and have suggested people consider there response. It is interesting that they claim to have recieved only 1 formal complaint. Wonder how long that will last :whistling:

Steve

p.s. I have no Bettas but do appreciate them - love the copper pataks (I think they are). - maybe one day.

It's surprising how many stupid things are out there, especially to do with the poor betta. I don't know how many people I have told "Yeah living in something like that is like you living in a dirty cramped toilet cubicle all your life". I hope they do ban it!!

As for Pets Paradise... I'll keep my mouth shut about them!

I just saw it on channel 7 news... they pulled it off the shelves early this morning! I couldn't believe the review on 'The Morning Show' though, bettas liking the vibrations :whistling: I'm not surprised that customers complained... their poor bettas probably died!

It just comes down to ignorance ...people especially pet shop owners need to be educated about the needs of fighting fish...My LFS owner (who is a lovely man and in no way would he ever be cruel to an animal ) and I have had a few arguments about the needs of bettas....he has this outdated idea that bettas will die in anything over 5 litres of water and will stress if put into filtered water and was horrified when I purchased an air stone and tubing as he truly believes this will harm the fish.

And he nearly turned purple with anger when I told him I had one in a 65 litre community tank he actually said I was torturing the poor thing.

If customers saw a kitten or puppy in small container they would be all over the RSPCA to intervene but when its a fighter people mostly accept that thats the way it is and do nothing.

I dont think its because they dont care I think its because they dont know any better.

Whichever it is ...its still sad .

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately some of the rules that pet shops go by don't cover cold blooded creatures, it's sad that they don't receive the proper care and attention as the 'cute' warm bloods.

OH my gosh They can do THAT!

i want to shoot the person who made that poor little simese fighter live in that for the picture where do i sign to get this BANNED! :)

Gourami Guru, they took them off the shelves at the end of last year. And I was reading in one of the papers that the beautiful betta that was stuck in it for the photos now has a home in a rather large aquarium on the "North Shores".

And yes, things like bettas as well as insects, spiders and scorpions can be kept in poor conditions and no one except people like us care.

Gourami Guru, they took them off the shelves at the end of last year. And I was reading in one of the papers that the beautiful betta that was stuck in it for the photos now has a home in a rather large aquarium on the "North Shores".

And yes, things like bettas as well as insects, spiders and scorpions can be kept in poor conditions and no one except people like us care.

WELL THAT GREAT!!!!

no one can keep a siamese fighter in one of those AGAIN

although i do fell a little em barest :)

Archived