Orange VT

Phil

Hey Guys,

Some of you may remember this guy, he is the orange spot i bought for my nan about 7 months ago. Since i got him for her his fins have grown alot, and honestly, he is the best finned VT i have (er she has) ever had. He is such a character, flares at your finger if you put it on the side of his tank and goes off in a craze if he sees another male. I will try and find the pic i took of him when i got him. Supprisingly, it is so much easier to take pictures through plastic then it is glass, these 2 were through plastic and of the 8 i took, the only probelm was he wasnt in the right position, too busy flaring at the camera!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

he is a pretty good looking fish :scared: His fins I think set the standard for other VT fins. They're long and flowy. In regards to breeding them, I've been trying to find a female for ages, as the males are much more easier to find than spotted females :D but then my spotty male died :D I think if u use a yellow or red girl with these males it should produce spotty F1 or F2 fry :cheer:

The spotted orange veils come in batches - so they must breed reasonably true, or be a predictible outcome from a cross. They are absolutely gorgeous, and yours in a stunner Phil. No doubt due to the good care! Bayfish have just received a batch of solid orange VT. I will try to get a pic tomorrow. I couldn't believe it! As orange as a good plakat! Cheers, J

Thanks everyone, he is currently at my place as it was a hassle to take him back after my nan stayed here for the holidays. Since he has been here, he has got a larger tank, a heater, some plants and a filter lol.

lol mishy, yes he wants alot of attention, compared to the HMs that just hang around the back of the tank and want noting to do with you. I have asked someone to get me 2 of the solid orange VTs so am looking forward to seeing what they look like :giggle:

Todd and Mick went through the orange VT rack yesterday and selected out 6 nice bright, clean orange ones. Have put one in the show, just for the novelty value. They are really orange, with just a touch of blue on the face. Will try to get some pics of the others so you can choose. They look to be about 3-4 month old - fins have some growing to do, so not over the hill yet! $10 each. Cheers, J

Archived