All my Bettas!

Anasfire

OK here are pics of all the Bettas I currently have at my place. My ex has some at his place too so it's not the complete collection at the moment!

Enjoy...any comments welcomed!

Robin CT Male

100_0114-1.jpg

Asuka HM Female

100_0998.jpg

Scarlet CT Female

100_1011.jpg

Beast Boy Delta-Crown Male

beast.jpg

Ethan CT Male

100_0836.jpg

Continue next post..........

They look like veils to you? :giggle: when they flare they have more of a weak D shaped tail...their caudal isn't nearly long enough to be veils! Some guy I know from a diff forum who's been breeding bettas for 20 years said they looked like weak deltas to him but I guess it's possible they are veil-crowns. Who the heck knows hehe, their parents were just LFS stock CT and some random female from a gold fish bowl full of them.

Wouldn’t a 'D' shaped tail be HM? :giggle: I *think* anything between 130-179 degrees is classified as a Delta.

I think Robbies right, even though there is a lot of finnage there and has a good spread if it droops in anyway then it’s more likely to be a VT.

Deltas should have no droops in the tail... essentially looking like a HM but just not the 180 degrees spread. There is also round tails that don’t droop they have an ‘O’ shape.

Nice! I do like Starbuck :lol: Now you need a Boomer and a Helo and a few more for the complete set :lol: *eeep* my geek is showing!

Definitely VTs, the fin rays are distributed differently to symmetrically-tailed fish. You can see it a bit on Mr Beastie there, where the top rays arc up and finish before reaching the end of the tail. Cyborg looks like he has a good spread on him, but the tail shape is still not even (at least, not that the picture shows) so he'd just a really snazzy VT. Cyborg does look collapsed, but I'd bet that at a flare, if you traced his rays, they'd show as a VT.

*has just remembered a project she was supposed to do*

Lol yeah I'm thinking more and more that they are shorter finned VT's.. I'm going to be entering Cyborg in the show on Sat in the VT catagory! Callatya.. I've had fished named Helo, Apollo and Jammer and at the moment we have one named Ethan after the dude who's son was killed by the NCP last season..hehe now my geek is showing! This Starbuck is actually the second coming....I had one die named Starbuck before! My son has started naming them after his favourite shows... Shinji and Asuka are from Neon Genesis: Evangellion... Beast Boy, Robin, Cyborg and Slade are from Teen Titans and when they were fry he named them all Bubbles, Buttercup and Blossom after the Powerpuff girls....he's not allowed to name fry any more :lol:

PS..listening to the new BSG Soundtrack's 'All along the watchtower' on repeat!!!

Do you think Robin's webbing reduction is at least 30%? Because if it is, you should enter him, he has great tail rays!

***EDIT - I just saw his anal and dorsal, probably not 30% webbing reduction in those, so maybe not for show. His offspring webbing might improve if you put him with Scarlet though!

Not sure if it's 30%...I can never tell these things but I'm gonna enter him anyway....the more the merrier hey!

He's in the spawn tank looking after his eggs at the moment being an awesome Dad, lets hope they all hatch tomorrow and are free swimming by the time we have to leave on Saturday so I can pull him out, bag him and get him to the show!

Archived