Is it too good to be true or is it really that colour

the green looks like it's been enhanced in photoshop, but he'd probably be a very close colour as it hasn't been fiddled with much (the green has been saturated, that's all).

edit: when i say "close colour" what i meant is that it looks like there's more irid than there actually is because of the saturation. he's have a sheen of green instead of solid colours as shown. just occured to me i didn't explain myself very well the first time ^_^;;

Well, he looks like a metallic green marble to me.

The head section seems to be an opaque section that has overexposed on the photo, but it doesn't look at all like it has been altered. Metallics are really very tricky to photograph, and trying to balance out that and the reflection would be quite a job.

Being what looks like marble though, I'm not sure what you'd get if you bred him. The colour, probably, but the patterns would be much trickier.

No but using light/shadow and angle can give the wrong impression of what the Male is. I'd rather know it's a clever trick than buy a fish and find out I was the only one not to realise that the picture wasn't a true representation.

I've emailed the breeder for more info including genetics of that male and his parents and possibly more pics.

I'm waiting to hear back from the breeder. I'm not saying it's a bad specimen but as yet I don't know if it's what I hope it's or what I'm after. Finding out the genetics will hopefully help me to see if it's viable and reproducable or if it's just great luck on the breeders part.

Of course if it does work out to be what I want/am after then it's a question of how do I make that into a stable line and work it into something great over the next many years/decades.

I'm waiting to hear back from the breeder. I'm not saying it's a bad specimen but as yet I don't know if it's what I hope it's or what I'm after. Finding out the genetics will hopefully help me to see if it's viable and reproducable or if it's just great luck on the breeders part.

Of course if it does work out to be what I want/am after then it's a question of how do I make that into a stable line and work it into something great over the next many years/decades.

let's do it step by step b4 you even think about makin the line stable?

The didn't send me any genetics info which is a hassle. The sent me three pics that were taken at the same time. I'll take it that it's not a illusion but since I don't speak his language I'm not sure I can get the genetics info. If anyone can help me get the genetics info on him and his parents that would be great.

*goes to bid*

actually teal is turquise with TWO metallic genes. with one metallic gene it's a metallic green and with no metallic genes it's turq. i learnt that off nick :)

So is teal more on the blue side and turquoise more on the green side?

Archived