Look What I'm Getting!

Beano

These are the auction photos, I'll post some more when they arrive...

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8240/fw...71303999fr9.jpg

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/9881/fw...71305148sf3.jpg

Oh so pretty! Now I really hope nothing bad happens with this... :):P

I hope the woman is fertile, but if she turns out not to be, it's ok

Love them!!

I changed the photos to links because I wan't sure if you had the breeder's permission to use them. If you have permission, and they are on your own photobucket account, you can re-post them as images instead of links. Sorry, but have to take copyright seriously :)

posting images raises 2 separate issues Stefan: copyright and bandwidth theft.

Saving photos to your own imageshack account means that if you post them here, there is no theft of the owner's bandwidth.

BUT unless you got the author's permission to post them, even if they are hosted on your own photobucket etc account, you may be in breach of the image owner's copyright.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so my betta's were sent from Singapore on monday the 19th Feb, and the day I won the auction I emailed someone about them. I haven't received a reply from her yet, I guess she's busy, but should I be worried? Is there a step in this importing scheme that I have failed to complete? Do I just wait until they clear quarantine?

I want to get myself some fish from aquabid but have no idea how to go about it :drool: Is there a thread on 'how to buy international' or something like that? If not, can someone give us newbies to the aquabid world a step by step run through please?

Thankee kindly :dance:

It's pretty hard to wrap your head around. Go to www.aquabid.com and find the fish you like.

From what i can gather, there are a lot of fees. For example, my fish came from a seller who charges US$6.50 transhipper fees per fish, plus US$15 packing box which can take up to 10 fish. That on top of the cost of the fish. Then, once paid for, your fish will be shipped to the country you live in (make sure the seller ships to your country). Your fish has to get through quarantine in Australia before you can have it. I've heard that if a certain percentage of fish in the shipment are Dead on arrival (DOA), then your fish will be seized and destroyed by AQIS. You should check before buying what your sellers DOA policy is.

Then if your fish makes it out of quarantine (this is what I'm waiting for), then someone, the transhipper for Australia, will send you information. There will be fees at this end as well, I think if I remember correctly she charges $25 fee per fish or something like that (can't remember, didn't matter to me as I really wanted the fish I bought). I think that's not a bad price for the service your fish will get, and given the sheer amount of betta's she has to look after - they get treatment if sick, 2 water changes in the 7 day quarantine and good food. If the fish arrives dead or dies she doesn't charge a fee. Once you have paid her the required amount as well, she will post your fish to you.

*on a side note* Do you think someone would allow me to pick up my fish? It's just that I will be at work all day now and I work in a hospital so don't really want to have live fish delivered to me there.

• 2 weeks later...

Your fish are ready and they are as lovely as the photo.

Please contact me at someone@internode.on.net

It is fortunate that you posted this thread, there was no contact information with the fish (as per usual).

It is always a good idea to contact me, and use a subject line that can be searched- preferably something that will be written on the bag

eg Put the Subject line as "Fish for Justin (MagnaBettas)"

So I know who to contact.

Emails with no subject line go to the junk mail folder.

Emails with "Bettas" "My Bettas" "Aquabid Fish" etc are no help at all.

Cheers, J

Archived