Ct Pair

Berryfriendly

Upon closer inspection I actually think he might be going to be a DDR :D I love this pair's colour and would love to have more of them but I am more interested in their form than colour at the moment. For now I am just happy to play and see what they want to give me. Eventually I would love to try to breed a CT with a black body/red fins and black edges. But that's still a long way away.

I remember Phil's 1st CT! I like this pair a lot, love the caudal on the male.

I'm not having much luck selling that colour, even tho it does look quite flashy.

Hi Bren, you may just have exhausted the Melbourne market for red CTs! :D. Any chance at all that you could take Erren up on her shipping interstate offer? There may be interstate members who'd love a pair ... or 5. Just a thought.

sorry for the brief hijack Berry!

Maybe. I've got some ddr dayaks I want to breed before they're too old. It's just all so time consuming purchasing the packaging and arranging drop off with Erren. I'm a bit stretched with work right now, don't know when I can fit that in... and I'm really only doing it for fun... not for profit. I don't know how much I'd have to add to their cost to ship them... I think it would make them too costly.

Oh and both the Errens (Erins) are young men, (I keep thinking it's the way Aussies pronounce Aaron and when I tried to phone Erin I actually got an Aaron and spent a few minutes talking to him about fish... but Aaron with the similar mobile number to Erin, doesn't keep fish). :D

I'm not having much luck selling that colour, even tho it does look quite flashy. Personally, I like them.

If I continue to eventually spawn this pair do you think I will have any problems selling their fry? Would you buy them? Hyper thetically speaking of course!

That is, unless you really are interested ...

If enough people like black-red-blue cts with great finnage, I don't see why you would :thumbs: I personally like them very much, and I think you should be able to refine the color and make it breed true, which would be a bonus for people who are purists... But, there are also people who only like solid, clean colors, so that's something to think about :lol:

These fish look pretty clean for their colorform, and they have great finnage. I was thinking more along the lines that people who like red, for example, would prefer a deep, flawless red... or people who like blues/blacks, prefer fish without any red. But being as these are multies, and their color is quite clear and uniform, I think the only thing I would change would be to either improve the irrid in the fins and body, or work to make it go away :drool: Your call... but I would def. breed them if I was into the color and tail type enough :D And no, few people breed just to sell to other breeders. My point was that if you bred them, you would probably have an excess of offspring you would need to sell... which is the case with most people.

That's ok Stefan, I understood where you were coming from. The male actually has less irrid in his body than the photo shows so I am going to blame the flash. I will try and get a better photo of him over the weekend. When this little guy flares it is like watching ribbons in the wind. I wasn't going to breed him but when i found a female with almost identical colours in my lovely pond, how could i resit. Worst case I end up with shelf full of lovely flowing tails just like him to sit and enjoy :)

Worst case I end up with shelf full of lovely flowing tails just like him to sit and enjoy

Do you know how many times I just sit in front of my barracks and tanks and just stare at all my fish? I love it, as you get to see what they're like interacting with each other, or how they keep themselves entertained :( :(

can't wait to see what an F2 looks like Berry :)

Archived