New Dragon!

Figure_8

This is my new fellow from JL! :D I'm not really sure what to call him as far as colour goes. Yesterday he looked more of a moss green, but today he is a blue/grey (is that called steel?) He's not really in the mood to flare, but I had to show him off :D

all photos are without flash & not as good as they could be since he decided to hide up the back of the tank ^_^

Posted Image

Posted Image

and this next one is just because I was playing with my new camera and seeing how close I could get :D

Posted Image

He's just gorgeous ^_^

You did well to get so close for photo # 3. Great Job!

Thanks! hopefully my photos will get better once I've worked out what I'm doing with the camera too - so there is hope for me yet! ^_^

you need a gold dragon female ... now, who do I know that might have fish that fit the bill!

oooh now that would be a fantastic idea!!

Thanks Joep, I really appreciate your comments - I didn't know you could get rosetail pks! Nicks dragons are awesome & I'd love to do a pairing like that. *wonders when the next shipment from over thatta way is due to hit Perth* Anyone want to have a shot at labelling him colour wise? His colour in the pics are the same IRL. He's kind of a bluey/greyish/mossy green colour & with the yellow fins (which are edged in the same colour as the scales - even the ventrals have that same edging! lol) I have no idea what to call him <_< Also, with the fin edgings the way they are, would that be an indication of BF or possibly marble (looking at the patch in his dorsal)?

I'm no good with strain names but he looks like a metallic yellow (extended non-red) dragon with partial masking. Which makes it sound like it has some similarities to Nick's line. Is the body flesh coloured or yellow? Are metallic irids present on the bodies of cambos? Do dragons have spread iridesence? The fringe could easily be BF. Dunno about the dorsal patch - almost looks like the heavy irids spread past the scales to the fin. Bugga - I think there's more questions there than we started with. Where's Nick anyway <_<.

Thanks Peter and Stefan, I really appreciate your replies.

Is the body flesh coloured or yellow?

The body is yellow.

I'd say he is a yellow 'MG' dragon HMPK rosetail. Not sure which blue the irid is.

so the colour of the scaling doesn't matter if the body is yellow?

I'm such a genetics dufus <_<

His body may be yellow, and he can still be an MG. The dragon irridescence isn't fully covering his body (just like most dragons) so the yellow body color is showing through. The metallic irid also isn't covering parts of his fins, which lets the yellow show there too, which makes him MG. Yellow-bodied dragon MG? I think so. Dragons don't usually have any of their body color on their fins the way yours does, so your one's pattern is what makes him an 'MG' - Blue/green metallic -yellow bi-color. He also seems to carry an opaque gene - as dragons do.

He looks to me like one of my yellow gold Dragons. Here's a couple of pics of a yellow gold PK:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'd say he is a yellow 'MG' dragon HMPK rosetail. Not sure which blue the irid is.

Here is a pic of a Metallic MG PK Import that just arrived. He looks like an MG Dragon to me:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great dragons Nick! I'm not an dragon expert, but I doubt whether the dragon from mouse should be called MG. Judging from the pictures he does seem to have some iridescence but not the strong irids like the example Nick shows above. The dragon from Mouse makes me think a bit of pastel..... Many greetings, Joep

Archived