Resun

SAbetta

I must have done smething nice because the fish Gods are smiling upon me. Last thursday I bought 5 150L tanks with 2ft light and power head with each tank for $300. Today I went down to check out a new store around the corner from me who is yet to even have tanks and bought 1 X 200 W RESUN heater $36 1 X packet of frozen blood worms $4 1 X Fish Hatchery RESUN $10 2 X plastic air hose adapters $1 5m of plastic air hose $5 1 X RESUN thermometer $4 Now his prices were bloody cheap as it was but he also is having a 20% off opening sale! For a total of $46! Speaking to him he said he had signed a 2 year lease and just moved to adelaide and wanted to sart his own business. He was a young guy with a rich dad from china and dare I say it will struggle in his current location to get the kind of volume required to maintain these kind of ridculously cheap prices! Anyhow Adeladians he is on Unley Rd Just south of greenhill rd in unley. Has anyone heard of this RESUN brand? Clinton :lol:

I had one of their heaters. $10 for 100w. Nice buy. Its the bargain basement brand around here. You have to pick and choose out of their range to get good value for money IME. Some of their stuff is good, some is pretty average. The heater I bought, it only worked intermittantly, so I returned it. The guy plugged it in JIGGLED THE CORD and it turned on. I don't know about you, but jiggling the cord on ordinary electricals scares me, let alone ones in water. The way he did that made me think it was a common problem with them. The heater still works, I have used it in a pinch, but I'm incredibly careful to turn it off at the wall before I do anything with the tank, just in case. Do keep an eye on the heaters especially that they don't stick 'on' and that they don't require jiggling.

I got a resun heater simply because it was $9 which i use brine shrimp hatching and whatever else and it hasnt given me any issues. I also have a resun filter which seems to work well enough, I thought the motor might get a bit noisy but its still nice and quiet after about 6 months now

I don't know if you guys know but what I've been told when I bought a 50w Resun direct from an importer is that Resun & most other of the cheaper brand heaters (plus a couple of the more expensive that I sold at big price when I worked in an aquarium) are all produced by the same factory intially then branded to the individual company with a different appearance to each other & sold. So basically many of the different brands are the same thing, just look different. Also Big W has introduced a line of aquarium stuff like heaters, I got a VitaPet 150w (which is identical to my old 150w resun) for $10.99 & it works super in my grow out tank heats quick & reliable. They have a nice little line of thermometers & a great littlesmall tank filter for $9 & they have never missed a beat for me. I usually shop online at aquariumproducts but when i get stuck & need something asap cheap I duck into Big W.

Mixed response there. Will see how they go I guess. I thought it seemed like reasonable value at $36 less 20% making it $29. They also had some big 1200L / hour external cannister filters at around $220. Are they too available at AOA for much cheaper? what is AOA by the way? Clinton

AOA is Age of Aquariums (link above)

They had cheaper 2 stage cannisters there last week, now they are gone :notsure: 1000 or 1200L p/h for $50 on special (not sure if you can get spare parts for them though)

The Fluvals 405 are priced good. If you can get a fluval 405 for $220 at that place, snap it up!

heaters certainly have come down in price, but also quality. the sacem sand filled job i purchased 15 years ago for $80 lasted 10 years. I'm lucky to get a full season out of the "made in China" crew. Try to shop for quality and reputation. There is a big difference between cost and price. Cheers, J

Archived