Metallic Pastel Spawn

NICK1960

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These fish are fantastic. I am spawning the ones I managed to snaffle (lol - now I am using Abbey words) as often as possible with as many of my females as possible to get a nice broad range of breeding stock to keep my new lines going forward.

i was looking at them yesterday and was gonna mention something.

hmmmm someones been watching what the Aussies are doing :applaud:

That's right Robbie! Everyone just remember: "we had em first".

On a serious note however, it's nice to develop a "new" colour before the Asian breeders do.

• 1 month later...

Nick, did we already establish that the red spotting on these fish is the result of the jumping gene and marble gene? I was looking back over the heritage of this line and saw that it began with a pair of lavenders, both with BF, and the female had what seemed like some spotting on her anal, produced by the marble of her bf pattern.

Nick, did we already establish that the red spotting on these fish is the result of the jumping gene and marble gene? I was looking back over the heritage of this line and saw that it began with a pair of lavenders, both with BF, and the female had what seemed like some spotting on her anal, produced by the marble of her bf pattern.

At this stage we have not established anything regarding the genetics of this spotting. I can say that most of the spotted fry turned into butterfly. A couple have retained the "polka dots" (bigger than dalmatian spots) on fins and some have very small dots/lines in the fins like the parents. I suspect that the Marble gene may be involved. But I dont know if all the observed phenotypes are related to the same genes or combinations there of. More test matings need to be done.

• 2 years later...

Archived