My Tamed Fishy :d

Mango4Jade

I recently obtained a few large Koi specimen from a friend. They are in QT under a 3-4 week treatment of Interpet. My 2.5ton pond had arrived, and has been treated already. The filtration is almost finished, just need to apply the Marine Glue to some pipes, and all I need is to wait for my Hi-blow 80 (airpump...80L/min) and 150L of HSA (High Surface Area) media.

The fish I obtained was free to good home. They include a 50cm Gin Sanke (Very Tamed), 25cm Tancho Sanke and 25cm Snow White with Orange Pec fins. All very tamed.

I also went to the KSA Auction last Sunday, and purchased a Gin Soragoi (Pure Japanese Bloodlines - Parents born in JAPAN). Cost me $110, but it was cool. There was three Soragois (All grey koi with black netting). 2 normals and 1 KinGinRin...and my and my friend (Momotaro Australia Supplier) purchased all three.

Here are some photos.

Tancho Sanke (love the white on him)

Posted Image

Snow White koi with Orange Pec fins (may be an Asagi)

Posted Image

50cm Gin Sanke (only 1 Sumi spot :lol: )

Posted Image

and my precious Gin Soragoi :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for sharing my excitement!

Mango :shifty: :yes:

Opps :lol:

Sumi = Black (in Japanese)

Hi = Red (in Japanese)

Shiro = White

In a Sanke, it should be a white koi with red patterns and black spots. (see below)

Posted Image

As you can see on my 50cm Sanke...there is only 1 Sumi (black) spot on the back >.< So it isnt desired as a nice sanke...should have more black spots and more red. I like it because it has KinGinRin Scales (name given to the metallic flake or "diamond scale" effect where the scales themselves reflect light like tiny silver and gold mirrors), also its very tamed.

Anyone got more questions about Koi, Im happy to answer them :shifty:

Mango :yes:

Yep thats another light Sumi spot. Still isnt enough :shifty: ALso pattern and colours do change as the fish grows. Especially the Showa. They start off black then gradually lose some of the black revealling the white and reds. Also there are some koi that lose all their colours then some day gets it all back again. Theses are called Kumonryu. Black and white fish, but very hard to find a perfect specimen due to the fact the black comes and goes.

Big fish bag with lots of Oxygen. My mate's house is only 20mins away from me, so it was easy. My other friend (Momotaro Koi Australia Sole Supplier) purchased a 65cm koi and had to borrow a huge tub to carry it home. One very big and heavy fish. I think im going to setup a tub with air pump etc in it to transferr fish from now on.

Archived