Some New Gems

Mango4Jade

A few days ago when I was at an aquarium buying some Hikari Bloodworms, I noticed a few tanks with some nice koi of all sizes. I haven't purchased any koi from an Aquarium so I wondered if I should purchase any. But until today, I had a closer looks at them and noticed lots of KinGinRin :o I Grabbed a blue bucket and a net to go catch the fish. When I was at it, I found a nice looking Tancho look-a-like koi. Most breeders usually discard them as the Hi (Red) has reached the eyes, but this guy was the first fish I netted and actually liked. So i took him. I also picked up a Gin Yamabuki Ogon and a Gin Lemon Ogon. Hopefully they will look nicer as they grow. Cant wait for the next shipment to come in ;)

Hope you enjoy these pics...

Tancho...but not show quality. Im keeping this guy no matter what!

Posted Image

Just ate, so massive stomach...Gin Yamabuki Ogon

Posted Image

Lemon Ogon :lol:

Posted Image

Mango ;)

Cheers RB ;) Koi come in all different shades of yellows :D I like the yellows and the platniums the best, they stand out in a pond ;) This is the first time ive seen such nice koi in an aquarium, I guess the quality of koi in Australia is improving :o Mango :lol:

Cute little fishies! What is with all the names etc? I saw Koi for the first time almost 2 years ago when I was in Sydney, and I am still confused as ever about them.

Jess, The names: "Tancho - White fish with Red Spot on its head" "Yamabuki Ogon - Full Rich Metallic Yellow Koi" "Lemon Ogon - Full Metallic Lemonish Yellow Koi" Its the Japanese names for the variety of the koi. There are still some I trying to learn how to spell and pronounce. Mango :lol:

Archived