Giant Plakat Collection

Erren

This is the giant red metallic or lavender giant (female) also from someone. Imported from Eugene, Bettatrills in Singapore. Size is big, 6.4cm. Not sure whether this is classic plakat or HMPK. Age unknown.

Picture taken by either someone or Eugene:

Posted Image

And not so great picture taken by me. This female has torn fin all over her as 1 of the male jump into her barrack slot. beat the crap out of her :( .

Posted Image

Will post another pictures of the 5 giants next week. Really exhausted at this stage. Can't imagine how other sellers taking and posting hundreds of picture on the webpage and aquabid.

By the way, almost forgot. My giant white platinum HMPK pair is with someone by now!!! :( . Imported from Betta_center in Bangkok. Will arrived at my place next week :( 4 months old. Not sure how big they are but classic plakat tends to have bigger size than HMPK. I was told that the female has pineapple geno. So she could bring some yellow or lime fry!!. The male also have gold geno. He is the only white platinum as all the siblings are gold.

These are the breeder picture:

Male

Posted Image

Female

Posted Image

Update: Received the pairs couples weeks ago. Really happy with the fin and colour. Will need to pump their size though.

i'm currently toasing between spawning the marble blue jeans pairs or the massive plakat with the lavender (metalic) female. Anybody here wants to buy the fry if i do spawned them??. I'm selling it really2 cheap. Possibly lower than shipping cost. I really don't have space anymore and would not want them to go to petshop if i got fry more than 10.

I'm not sure either is HMPK, I always assume that unless the caudal has the sharp "D" edges it's not a HMPK. But I'm not a PK expert either, LOL! The white one seems more a HM than the marble one. His tail is more than 180*. I love the latest giants you've bought BTW! I'd say go with the marble pair, lots of people love marble :(

I really like the giants, i wish i had better luck with mine a year or so ago. In my opinion none of them are HMPK, just becuase a traditional has a 180o spread dosent make it HM. In MY opinion, HMPKs should look like shortfin versions of the longfin HMs, but still with nice long ventrals. Good to see that giant breeding has come along way in terms of quality in the last few years and good luck breeding them, i would be interested in fry of the white pair :(

I probably need to condition the white first when they arrived after stressfull journey from Bangkok. So i might go with the marble first then white I also had a feeling none of the giants are pure HMPK. They are a bit different from a mini type of HM (the mum). Some of the caudal fin are 180 degree shape but body shape still looks like classic plakat.

The currently recognised plakat forms are: Giant Wild Fighter Traditional Show Plakat Show Plakat Symmetrical Plakat Only the last three have IBC standards, though wild species of betta (not splendens) have standards too. The Singapore betta community have show classes for giants. Cheers, J

I'd say breed the marble blue jeans colour pair (which I think is just Marble Steel :fun: ) the female is massive, and themale has certainly chnaged, he looks GREAT :eadshake: your boys are massive to, the second son has such a nice broad dorsal, good job :blink: can't wait to see the results of breeding the Marble steel pair. good luk :(

• 2 weeks later...

Update: i didn't manage to get the pictures for the rest of the giants as my friend (who owned the female parent) asked for them. So yeah :). His fishes got very serious disease and could not make it. Heaps of them died and spread the disease to other fishes --> left with none, shame :(( . I guess i might help him out to start it from scratch ---> excuse to buy more and free up some space actually :) (najricks' fishes :drool:) . But i will get back with some pictures of the White giant HMPK which i imported from Bangkok very soon. I just got them yesterday. Really happy and satisfied with them. The 3 giant fancy plakat has been sold. Hopefully they could breed them and increase the giant poppulation. I only left with 3 pairs of giant now :(( . 2x empty tank (2ft). I could start breed the marble and white giant anytime i want. I might wait till next month. Been really busy lately.

• 2 months later...

i never had a chance to take a picture of the female giants, sorry for bad picture but here they are:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The giant red lavender plakat is the same as in the second page; the same goes with the giant white platinum HMPK. I was told by the seller that the white platinum female is HMPK but she ended up as giant DT with somekind of feather tail around edges of the tail. Not too sure how the fry would be if i crossed it with my white platinum HMPK male. But to my relieve both are 100% giant

• 2 months later...

Archived