Uni Student From Melbourne

Guest BumbleBeejay

Guest BumbleBeejay

Hi there! I'm just new to Bettas, having had my boy and 4 girls for just two months now. I am interested in breeding, and am on the prowl for good breeding stock. As much as I love my CT male Emielio, I fear he's a bit of a mongrel, and not really a particularly good specimen. I currently have Emielio with the four girls in a 100lt community tank. I've had mixed responses about keeping a male with females, etc, but as yet haven't encourntered too many problems. Save for one bossy female having to be passed on to a friend. When i'm not doting over my beautiful fish I study law/economics at latrobe uni and play a variety of sports. Also involved in organising a large computer network gaming event that runs at Latrobe uni. I have some plans to set up species specific tanks for Gourami and Discus, but that's a plan for the future.... when i convince my dad that we *NEED* a 8ft tank in the family room. Ah.. hope that's good enough an intro. Looking forward to meeting other Betta enthusiasts. Ultimately i'm collating information so I can keep my current Bettas in the best of health, and hopefully start breeding some exotic ones of my own. =) I suppose i'll have to think about setting up some sort of Betta Barracks in the near future... trip to bunnings! Getting a few steps ahead of myself though, need the breeding stock first. If anyone knows any good breeders of HM's and DT's in Australia, i'd be grateful for details.

Whoo hoo you made it! Sorry for all the cloak and dagger stuff back over the other side, but great to see you here. Bren Macfish has some DTCT females for sale (she's in oakleigh). Otherwise, I'd pester Splendidbettas (he's breeding HMs with perfect toplines) :blush: :huh:

Welcome to AAQ Bumblebeejay! Awsome to see another Moulbourner in the betta comunity :huh: Unfortunately I don't have any bettas for sale atm, soonest would be in 4 months. I am waiting patiently to buy some new stock (thanks Lilli :D ) So it will be a while before I get back into breeding again. There are heaps of great breeders on the forum though ;) Or you could try going to Rayonne Aquarium on Plenty Road. I was just there today and saw they had some very nice copper, metallic blue/green and metallic red/purple females Deltas for sale at $8.50 :blush: I was very tempted to buy some of them but I know nothing about their background... Goodluck keeping and breeding Bettas :lol:

Guest BumbleBeejay

Rayonne Aquarium you say? I drove past there today on my way to pick up my monstrosity that is to be my 'photography tank'. I've never stopped there. I shall take a look after uni tomorrow! I am photographing my boys and girls this evening. I've managed to pilfer a macro lens for my dads Nikon D2x camera, and a macro flash ring. Hoping it won't come to using flash as i'm concerned colours won't come out correctly, and it may scare the fish. I shall post them if they turn out.

Guest BumbleBeejay

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. =) Will be sure to keep up to date. I'm absolutely hooked on Betta's. Just such lovely and rewarding fish to keep.

Archived