Shelldwellers

Callatya

*sigh* so I might be moving into the realm of bully fish. Does anyone here keep shellies? If so, what types and what size tanks? I'm considering a small colony of multis in the AR380 (I can't see marine happening in this nasty heat) but i'm curius as to what everyone else is doing :(

I'm considering shellies too. I have decided to set up a 2'-ish tank for some. Today I bought 10kg of white sand for the tank. Previously I had a colony of brichardi for a few years. Are they shelldwellers, as a matter of definition though?

What size foot print does the AR380 have?

Multis are the most communal of the shelldwellers and are more tolerant of each other.

Brevis seem happier in pairs but don't mind living in groups in some situations. Their behaviour is pretty boring compared to other shelldwellers, still good little fish though.

Ocelatus are jerks. Hate anything that moves, including the aquarist. Probably one of my favourite shellies.

All easy to care for and require pretty much the same care.

Previously I had a colony of brichardi for a few years. Are they shelldwellers, as a matter of definition though?

Brichardi are considered rock dwellers.

Archived