New Yellow CT

shadoh

On the way home from benching in bettas for the Ekka, Paul and I called into a LFS to pick up some fish food. I, of course had to run straight for the bettas. I've been on the lookout for a yellow CT male to replace my boy who jumped to "freedom" not long after I bought him. He was sitting on the bottom of his tank, uncarded, stressed and a little listless. I saw past that and saw potential. I took him home, put him into my barracks, carded him and gave him a belly full of live blackworms. After a while I looked over and noticed he had coloured up and was exploring his little cubicle. I uncarded him and was rewarded with this display :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T3QXXTe950

He is a perfect match for the cT girly I want to put him with. I am determined to get a spawn of yellows one way or another!!!

Yes, I do agree with you there. If LFS took the time to card their bettas and house them appropriately the stock would last much longer. You pretty much have to get the fish as they arrive in store. There were some other bettas that I saw a week ago that have started to deteriorate from stress.

These bettas are kept in small tanks and are in relatively clean water, so half the battle is won. Just need to convince them that it isn't any extra work to card ;)

He's lovely, Jarrod. Good match. :)

I walked into my local Petbarn the other day to grab a few crickets... was a lovely surprise to see that they had their Bettas set up in a barrack, heated water and all. Much better than the 50mL thing they had previously.