Red Copper HM Pair

Sarah

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey sarah

You keep them unataintive boys in line, they dont know who they is mesin with. That pair is the best score ever, good on you girl I cant wait to see what ya get and i am sure it is going to be impresive.

Oh master Ninger this water changer waits in antisipation

Cheers

Les

Pair spawned, female no longer as plumped up, and was trying to get as far away from the male as possible (whereas this morning she was really submissive and nudging him). She's pretty torn up, but nothing IAL can't fix.

Although, seems this male ate the eggs. I don't see any in the nest, and he is incredibly bloated. He wasn't this morning, and I haven't fed them since.

*sigh* I'll look after the girl, get her fed up, plumped and healed again - and will try again.

At least they're willing to breed.

Sorry to hear Sarah, feed the boy and keep an eye on the nest over the next couple of days just in case he hasn't eaten all the eggs. That's what happened to my red copper HMPKs and I managed to end up with 6. A lot of first time spawners eat their eggs. Hopefully you will have a nest full next time around!!

The secret now is to keep him full at all times. With a full belly he is less likely to snack on anything left :)

If he's being attentive to the nest, odds are that there are a few eggs in there. Either that, or he's preparing for the next all you can eat egg buffet *lol*

Hay, Daniel here,

Sarah's little Bro

I'm making this post because Sarah is sick and can not get off the floor. I looked after her fish to day and checked on this pair, the male is under the nest and can see about 5 eggs. laugh.gif

Round 2.

Male is in the new spawning tank, female floating. He's nesting and showing off, girl is looking interested. Hopefully since they have spawned in the past it will be a really quick, gentle spawn. :)

Thanks Jarrod, definitely looks like it. His nest is still a fairly pathetic nest, but it's probably a LITTLE better than last time. Hopefully he'll learn to do better this time.

Let the female out, while pulling out the chimney I accidentally dropped it - water and all - onto Mr Red Copper boy's nest. Oops. Hope you don't mind remaking that.

Left the girl out away, after a bit popped her back in. She's floating in the tank now and boy is going NUTS.

He's.. so.. gorgeous..

Female was left floating in the tank overnight, just let her out. Lots of chasing, she seems a bit stressed, but I'll leave her in a little bit. Male very showy.

Was in a bit of a rush but tried for some very quick photos. Male not photogenic, he keeps moving just as I take the photo. Female in hiding so only photo of her is from a few days ago.

Sorry for the blurriness.

RSCN7890.jpg

RSCN7889.jpg

DSCN7884.jpg

DSCN7883.jpg

She's since plumped up a little more.

DSCN7876.jpg

How can you say the male isn't photogenic? I'm yet to see a bad photo of him *lol*

I'm sure they'll do fine. Fingers crossed for a nest full of eggs :)

Do you feed the pair while they are in the spawn tank