G'Day from North Qld

charntelle

Hello all. Just a quickish introduction to myself. My name is Charntelle, and I currently live in Mackay, Queensland. I was born & bred in WA, moved to Townsville, Qld 11 years ago, now been in Mackay for 6 months. I am absolutely betta obsessed. Had pet shop VT's for 5 years, have recently moved on to the "fancy" ones by importing from Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia in pairs to breed. I am a veterinary nurse by training/qualification (have been for 15 years), but am currently working as one of the few female excavator operators in Qld. Nothing like a career change to give you the money to indulge your passion! I hope to make many new friends, and contribute positively to the board. I will be also picking as many brains as possible for advice and guidance. Thanks all! :)

Thanks Lilli. Addicted is probably more the correct term! My boyfriend had no idea what he was getting into when he moved in! Aquabid is Very, Very BAD! It feeds the addiction. someone must tear her hair out too - what hobbyist in their sane mind imports 100 at a time for the fun of it??? Anyway, first spawns are 4 days old/free swimming now, so 7 more days and can start breathing easy (kinda). It's nice to have a place like this to meet other fishy friends

Hi Charnetelle  :) & congratulations on your first spawns :) What are the parents of your spawns?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"E" spawn is white/blue marble CT pair from Koblarp1960 in Thailand.

"F" spawn is royal blue BFHM pair from Rainnybetta in Thailand. Think these may die but as both parents are very ill with columnaris, and I only spawned them because I wanted it done before they died or something!

"G" spawn is MG CT male x green mask CT female - both from Koblarp.

"H" spawn is Apache CT pair from Tommy at Jakartabetta (Indonesia).

All still alive and zipping at the moment! ;)

PS thanks for the welcome!

Hi Charntelle, Welcome to the forum :) Congrats and good luck with your spawns, About the Columnaris: Furance from Argent labs is extremely good for columnaris, and I know someone can get it, so it might be in your local fish store... It is a small yellow tablet packed like panadol tablets are, presumably also in a box. If you are going to treat your young fry with it, do so at about half the recomended dosage. HTH :)

Hi Charntelle, Nice to meet you, its also good to see another Queenslander, we are from Gladstone. Wow 100 bettas in one shipment, you have been bitten by the betta bug haven't you? :) Glad you found us, and I hope you can take photo's as I would love to see some pic's of your bettas. :) Najina and Patrick

Hi Charntelle,

Nice to meet you, its also good to see another Queenslander, we are from Gladstone.

Wow 100 bettas in one shipment, you have been bitten by the betta bug haven't you? :)  Glad you found us, and I hope you can take photo's as I would love to see some pic's of your bettas. :)

Najina and Patrick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Najina & Patrick.

It gets worse - I have another 80 odd coming soon - in Quarantine with someone now. She must hate me!

Wish I had known about you guys sooner. I work for Smorgon Steel Recyclers as a contractor, and actually used to recieve my instructions from the Gladstone yard. Could have poked my head in & said hi! Will be back in the Rocky area early next year. Will touch base with you maybe?

Also, will post pics when santa brings me a new camera. I can't afford a decent one - spent all my money on fishies!!!

Hi Najina & Patrick.

Wish I had known about you guys sooner. I work for Smorgon Steel Recyclers as a contractor, and actually used to recieve my instructions from the Gladstone yard. Could have poked my head in & said hi! Will be back in the Rocky area early next year. Will touch base with you maybe?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problems, my door is always open. I will PM you my comtact details. *lol*

Najina

100 + bettas??? ;)  Lucky you, Charntelle!!!

Are you and your BF living in a tent in the backyard, now that your house has been taken over by all these bettas??!!! ;):P

Oh and, welcome to the forum!!!

Sue

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for the welcome sue. No - just sleep on ground in backyard - couldn't afford a tent. Spent all my money on fishies!

Archived