water lettuce in perth?

Matt is water lettuce salvinia or is it susswassertang... If that how you spell it...

I know they're very different, but I thought I had heard people referring to the susswassssserrrttsaasdfbbn as water lettuce ages ago. Surely sussddgghjndiggidydogbghjjfwaterbuffalowsdrffdghntang is not illegal?

Wisteria, water sprite and riccia floating are some of my bettas' favourites. I've also used mayaca fluviatilis, which did quite well floating. I also like the look and growth rate of azolla.

Hornwort is good if you can get some and get it not to melt. Sadly, all mine does and it makes quite a mess.

Surely sussddgghjndiggidydogbghjjfwaterbuffalowsdrffdghntang is not illegal?

quote of the year omg haha XD

I brought some water lettuce from bunnings in VIC last year, it didnt do very well in my bucket outside. Im pretty sure its the same stuff from google image search. I wouldnt use it for bettas because its mostly floating on top of the water surface nothing for them to rest in and is quite large, the root system would be good for fry to hide in tho it was quite thick. I do prefer the other plants suggested tho.