RIP gorgeous

Chuckie

This gorgeous boy, probably my favourite betta, died yesterday of nothing - not a scratch on him, colourful as ever - just upside down in full flare at the bottom of the tank.

Bizarre.

Posted Image

I am fortunate to be raising 2 spawns of his, one x the green marble HM I posted in Phil's Marble green dot thread, and one x the red black OHM female.

So sorry to hear that Lilli, maybe it's something about the season. I, too have lost several apparently healthy fish in the past week. No warning, no signs of illness, just dead. Good luck with the spawns, he was a truly magnificent fish.

Was there any major stress or noise-type situations he might have been exposed to?

Not that I am aware of, but I wasn't home saturday night and I went to work on Sunday so didn't see him for more than 24 hours. I think there were fireworks near here at some stage over the weekend but that was Sunday night I think, when I was AGAIN out, having dinner with my folks... SO who knows??

Is that copper OHM you bred still alive?

The one in my avatar? Yep, he lives in the 1' cube tank on my desk at work.

Sorry mate. He was spectacular. My poor old Double Black fella is slowly dying too. Has been for months. I don't know what he is hanging on for. Sad to see such beautiful fish die. I expect he will be gone in the next day or so. His eyes are starting to sink in his head. I guess that's why they tell you not to get attached. Can be hard sometimes though. :)

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I miss this little guy. Thankfully his fry are going gangbusters! I'll be ready to move the 1st lot (x green metallic marble HM F) into a glass tank soon, so hopefuly there will be photos.

Archived