Well, I got one.

SiameseFightingFist

I had the intention of going back to the LFS to get 2 more Black Widows to go with my current 2 Black Widows but apparently somebody came in the day before and bought the whole tank of Black Widows and everything else in it (that's 100+ fish in that one tank alone, not counting the other one below it).

So I couldn't help it, I went and got a Betta instead, which was what I wanted to get originally anyway. I was conscious of getting a short fin variety just in case, as advised by Yan. To my relief, when I introduced it to my tank, after a couple of very brief nudges from both sides, the Betta and the Black Widows are getting along like a house on fire, so it's all good.

I'm really impressed by this little guy - he comes across as intelligent (more so than the Black Widows) and is very curious and will sniff around all over the tank. I suppose it must be a big change from the little jar it's been living in at the LFS. It's also fearless, when I stick the cleaning tube into the tank to do a bit of cleaning, he'll come right up to it to have a sniff. When I've got my hand in the water he'll also come right up for a cautious sniff. It's a real pity Bettas cannot be housed with other Bettas. I wanted to buy a few more, there a couple of more I really liked at the shop.

6195051294_4914d3fefa.jpg

6195052794_4a18bf61a6.jpg

6194537467_baa3d1b23c.jpg

6194527119_e7d086c1f7.jpg

6195045214_e72debfc83.jpg

Edited by SiameseFightingFist

Beautiful, I think my cat is scared off fish lol, she doesn't like being held near them. I had a cat once who would stick her paw into my goldfish tank, one time he almost cut one of their eyes off, was hanging by a tiny peice of flesh, it re-atached!

Thanks Paul.

This betta I've got has completely won me over. He reminds me a lot of my cat, he's interested and curious whenever I'm doing something in the tank, he'll always come up for a sniff and will eat out of my hand when I dangle some food just under the water line.

I wish I could get more of them.