Tank aquisition

VickiPS

I made a couple of scores today, but I suspect Tony will be less than thrilled with one of them :blush: It's kerbside clean-up time, so of course everyone is out checking out the neighbour's tat and picking up whatever looks interesting :giggle: I've been keeping my eyes open for something suitable for a stand for the 2' x 2' x 2' cube tank I finally collected a week ago. Anyway, Marcus (bless him!) spotted the perfect piece of junk -- a black-steel-framed stand that looks like it used to be a TV-stereo stand. The shelves (chipboard) are cactus but the frame is rock-solid and the perfect size for my tank! Easy-peasy to put a new, reinforced top on it and we're away :cheer: The other acquisition was an impulse (the Devil made me do it). The lfs owner is clearing out demo tanks, and talked me into taking a 4ft all-in-one unit -- curved front glass tank, black cupboard stand, hood, lights, powerhead & sump. Take it today to get it off the floor, he said, and pay it off: I'll even bring it round in the truck, he said. And if you're quick, the sump and filter media are still alive, he said. Only $300, he said, pay when you can. Well, what would YOU have done?? :eadshake: Now I REALLY don't know where I'm going to put it!

How could anyone find fault with your actions, Vicki? You recycled the stand, preventing it from adding to landfill AND made your neighbour happy cos it's no longer outside his place. You recycled the demo tank and accessories AND saved a fortune by buying it cheap AND made both yourself and the lfs owner happy. I reckon Tony should THANK you, maybe even take you out to dinner using some of the $$$ you saved by buying the tank. In your own little way, you've made the world a happier place. Sue

Congrats Vicki! you and I sound alike = Get NOW! and suffer the consequences later :D (It's not like they will divorce you. If you get kicked out the bedroom, sleep next to the tank :D) Sounds like you can rehome a few, maybe many in that tank ;) Lets us know where you have put it!!

;) MTS hits hard at Vicki's place!

Big tanks are great though, especially those all-in-one things, very classy :D nobody could deny that.

Its a feature piece.

Living art.

A dramatic statement :D

We are the masters of spin :))

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D;)

Dunno about the living art bit -- it's a flippin' big tank, any rate! (Actually, the design of most of these all in one jobbies is rather too reminiscent of American-style coffins :D )

congrats Vicki.  What diabolical plan do you have in mind for use of the new 4' tank?

There's a lot of contingencies attached to the plans. Much hinges on whether I can persuade the 2 resident young blokes to sort out all the bike bits, boxes of chattels, dead marines etc etc they've left on the back patio. :rant:

If that ever happens, I can rationalise the betta grow-out tank and barracks space, and maybe have a chance to use the 4-footer for some new species -- perhaps a gourami tank, maybe cichlids (the S-i-L keeps muttering about big fat oscars :blink: ).

In the meantime it will probably be females and grow-out until I make up my mind. I got it moved into place and filled today, anyway :)

I love what my husband delightfully calls "scab-up day"!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too! You can learn a lot about your neighbours from what they throw out :lol:

Archived