New Betta on the Block

lyrrin

So I was checking out the local stores that sell betta, and I came across a fish the likes of which I've not seen in here before. I wasn't planning to buy any fish today, but you all must know how well those plans work. Sorry about the poor lighting/video quality - my camera's not primarily for video...

What do you think his colouring and finnage would be called? Also, I have no idea how embedding Youtube video is supposed to work. :dontknow:

Edited by Lyrrin

pretty gorgeous guy <3 and believe me, the fish-bug is unbeatable. XD

looks like a Lavender... halfmoon I think? with all that tail, it must be at least pretty damn close to one. plus his dorsal looks nice and big, which usually indicates he's from HM stock (since HM breeders like breeding with double tails to get that big dorsal)

:applaud:

congrats on your beautiful new boy :bighug:

and welcome to the forums!

Without seeing him at full flare can't say for sure, but I would call him a halfmoon. Congrats, he is a good quality healthy young boy! :D Now you just have to find the perfect female to breed with him *lol*

Nice fish lyrrin! I agree lavender HM (maybe salamander HM) but can't be sure about the HM unless you see the fish's caudal in full spread. (needs to make a perfect "D" shape with straight edges and pointy corners).

Re: embedding YouTube vid: it's become a real pain recently.. The "link to vid" in the "share" menu used to automatically embed the vid, now you need to right click, copy, paste and even then it still only links the vid rather than embedding. Sometimes it works, most of the time I find that I'm chasing my tail until I get it right.

RE: Linking to videos, I have found that the forum doesn't support the new(ish) short urls that youtube provide as a link. I have found the easiest way is to copy the address of the video in the address bar of your browser, then paste it here in the text box and it is automatically embedded...

like...this :

Edited by shadoh

Thanks for the help re: the you tube video. Hopefully I can make it work next time ^^

I'm going to have a go on the weekend at getting him to flare so I can take more pretty pictures. If my assignments are done, I'll try using another betta, otherwise it'll be a pretty picture instead XD (I've promised myself another fish if I finish my assignments!)

I've already decided that I'm going to breed with him, but not right away. I'm going to give myself a couple of months to get back into the swing of taking care of bettas first. Besides, that will give me plenty of time to find the perfect female for him ^^ Anyone got any suggestions on a good match up?