Aristotle Axolotl

Sarah

Aristotle Axolotl has been a real trooper throughout his life.

When I got him, my little friend would not eat. After a week of owning him, he looked on the brink of death. I decided to force feed him, mashing his food up and feeding it with a syringe.

I did this for about another week, twice a day, until he got his strength up to start to eat himself.

He was also full of gravel the poor thing.

newtoday.jpg

More pieces came out the next day. Notice how thin he was, this was after he had started to be feed up.

Then at one point, fungus got his leg.

The flesh on his rear left leg had been completely eaten away, only bones remained.

Thankful to axolotl's amazing regeneration skills.. with a little bit of care and love, he soon grew another. BUT, it grew on deformed.. where the bend should be, it went the other way.

Never captured it on photo, but this was as close I got -

AxoltolsLastNight007.jpg

He learnt to live with it, and swam quite well.. this leg rotating one way, the other leg going in the opposite direction.

He lived well with Banana and Tenedor, they were close friends; always playing and hugging, even though he was the smallest -

AxiesSnails002.jpg

He was fed up, and lived a happy life in a 400L tank.. lots of room to romp about with his friends.

Axiesssss003.jpg

NewBettas002.jpg

:rip: Aristotle Axolotl. 1.6.2011.

We loved you, and will miss you. xx

Once Tenedor & Banana (Sonriente wasn't close like the other two) stop spawning and notice you are gone, they will miss you also.

Edited by Sarah

Sarah,

I think you hit the nail on the head... we can only make their lives as comfortable and luxurious as possible, all the while they make our lives fantastic while we share company.

Sorry little lottle Aristotle had to leave so soon.

He even got me over the line from being CREEPED OUT BY THESE FISH WITH LEGS ....to actually kinda liking the little dudes.

x Ness

Thanks everyone. :bighug:

True Ness, that's what really matters. He did have a good life. :)

The other lotls still haven't noticed his absence.. they are really quite caught up with the spawning. *lol*

I buried him under one of the cherry trees. ♥

Oh .. and axolotls are Amphibians, part of the salamander family - and are in the same class as frogs & toads - not fish. ;)