My sorority tank

kermadum

I was walking past my sorority tank holding my camera so thought I'd take a photo and stick it up and see what people think.

It's a work in progress. The ground cover plants aren't doing so well, but we've started dosing the tank with potassium and everything is starting to green up, so I'm hoping that might help to get it looking a bit better on the ground.

file-1206.jpg

Beautiful tank :D Thats a lovely piece of driftwood especially, and your moss is growing beautifully

What are you using for ground cover? And while you're at it.. lets have a plant/substrate list for we who like to live vicariously through others! :cheer:

The ground cover has lileopsis and glosso (I think), but neither are doing particularly well. I asked at Slippery Little Suckers about the lighting and they think the lighting should be strong enough for them, but think the pH and potassium might be throwing them off, so we've been dosing potassium and that's definitely helping, now to work on the pH (got to lower it).

The other plants are Taiwan Moss, Crypt Balansae (which is going nuts), and Val. (Oh and there's some Subwassertang floating around somewhere in there).

Substrate is just Eco-complete piled over a few bits of other rock to give a bit more bulk.

That driftwood is three small pieces arranged to look a bit tree like with the moss tied on the ends.

We have a few problems with hair algae growing in the moss, but the Siamese Algae Eaters keep that under control.