Bev's Fishy Line-up

BettaObsessed

OK, after much duress and peer pressure from Ness (OK she asked once) here is the full Obsessed line-up.....(Feel free to comment/critique, I'll just feed the bad ones to the good ones :D)

OH where to start, where to start

Angel: Named and picked by my middle son (now aged 6). She is far too big for any of my males so will not be bred but is happy to swim around.

IMG_2661.jpg

Sally: My first female purchased, also named by my middle son. May consider breeding her with Boots if I ever have the time, a spare tank and no other pair to breed.

IMG_2649.jpg

Violet: Named for her colour. Not looking her best at the moment after an altercation with a hole in my plastic divider and then becoming the target of Dora the Dominatrix. She is the mother of my youngest spawn and also one of my failed attempts.

IMG_4466.jpg

Dora the Dominatrix: Named by my youngest son (the Dora part, not the Dominatrix part) who is determined to have the whole Dora the Explorer crew located in my fish tanks :D Dora is a recent addition and is quite aggressive and is now floating around the sorority tank in a coke bottle.

IMG_4068.jpg

Beth: Purchased to pair with one of the red ct males before the most recent and more suitable purchases. She is another that will probably not be bred.

IMG_4050.jpg

That's 5 females down, 4 to go (plus 17 males)

Edited by BettaObsessed

Certainly

Ruby 2: Named because of her colour and because she looks exactly like Ruby #1 that went to fishy heaven.

IMG_4057.jpg

The new CT girls. All of my CT's are named after a member of a royal family somewhere in the world!

Annie: Named after Princess Anne. Didn't notice the wave in the fins until I got her home and the chunk out of tail is looking much better and almost healed.

IMG_4817.jpg

Beatrice: Named after Princess Beatrice, considered just Bea but decided Beatrice suited her better. Came from the same breeder as Annie and Kate so may be sister. Away from the flash she looks a lot more red than blue but still more blue than the other 2. Again, fins almost healed. Not sure if damage is from siblings or the golden gourami's the LFS put them in with.

IMG_4793.jpg

another taken tonight. Shows her full caudal spread which is similar on all 3 girls.

IMG_4906.jpg

Kate: Named after the soon to be Princess Kate. Once she has settled and my smallest spawn is a little bigger she will be bred with Will (of course!) and hopefully produce some lovely coppery red CT's. She is my favourite out of the 3 new girls.

IMG_4801.jpg

Edited by BettaObsessed

Now for the boys, in alphabetical order because its easier to keep track :D

To give you an idea of how the fish are named, CT's are named after royalty, VT's & HM's for colour. The ones that don't fit this were named by my sons or just didn't fall into those categories :D

Aurelius - Was purchased for my eldest son hoping he would give up on his request for lavender bf hm pair, but not to be. Now he wants both :D Aurelius is Latin and means Golden. He is a HMDT or is that DTHM

IMG_3826.jpg

Blake - Another purchased at my eldest son's........request (or nagging). Blake is English and means Pale Blonde One. Had him in the spawn tank once and he was far too aggressive. Might try again another time and give him more time to get used to the female, introduce them over a few weeks maybe.

IMG_3538.jpg

Boots - One of my first bettas. Boots is named after the Steel Blue work boots.

IMG_2610.jpg

Chuck - Another of my first bettas. Chuck is named after Prince Charles. He is the father of my older "babies"

IMG_2589.jpg

Crystal - was purchased as a matching female to Merlin. He was given the name Crystal when we thought he was female and I just never bothered to change it :D

IMG_3040.jpg

Kate is definatley my favourite female. I love her colouring and loving the spread she gets in her caudal too. Out of those males Aurelius is certainly the most striking. I love dt's so he was bound to be a favourite. I also love the colouring in Chuck but he's not looking that good these days. The temporary tank he is in is not heated and I don't think he's really appreciating it :( I just have to wait for the $ to buy more of the filtered/heated baracks. I only need 3 more of them :D

Can't get into photobucket from work so will have to wait until I get home to post more pics

Looking good Bev - I love Boots, he looks like my very first violet betta & tough as old boots!

Aurelius is a stunner - I'd throw that little man in a spawn tank before you could blink!

hmmmmm just had an IBC flavoured idea...

I have some excess copper girls from this spawn there are about 5...

I could try and find the better girl with best caudal spread and ray splitting (some have 2/4/8)

If you'd like one, and happy to pay postage I could bag her up and send her to you?

(: otherwise looks like you have plenty of ladies to choose from! (Angel and Beth are my picks for deltas - not sure about kate's angular topline)

Great shots, glad the harassment paid off! (hehe)

-metallicNess

Ness I would LOVE a copper female. Do you know what the postage cost is to Perth?

The only reason Aurelius has not been in the spawn tank yet is because I was waiting for the right female. I didn't want to throw him in with just anyone (was considering Sally) as I didn't want to end up with his fins damaged and not have something spectacular to show for it.

Wish I could get into my photobucket account from here so I could post more pics. Can see myself leaving earing to get home and get them up :giggle:

OK. Got photobucket working at work :D Connection is sooooo slooooooowwwwwwwwww tho.

So let the pics continue!

Diego - Named by my youngest son in fitting with the Dora the Explorer theme. It was either Deigo or Swiper so I chose Diego :D Had planned on breeding him with Pearl my cambo girl but she decided to wedge herself behind my filter and went off to fishy heaven before I got the chance.

SAM_1135.jpg

Drew - Named after Prince Andrew. Rescued him from horrid condition in LPS from hell.

SAM_1836.jpg

Eddie - Another of my CT males. Named after Prince Edward. From my uneducated looking I think he's a multi ray ct.

IMG_2850.jpg

Freddie - One of the new CT males. Named after Prince Frederick of Denmark. Loved the pinky/purply colouring on him

IMG_4419.jpg

Harry - Named after Prince Harry. Not sure how to describe his finnage. I loved his colouring but his fins look very messy to me. Not sure whether or not to breed him because of the fins.

IMG_3340.jpg

Let's look into it... I have to get some appropriate packaging for one or two small fish..

Fastway only really works out cheap if you're a regular sender... so let's forget that (was quoted $140)

Australia Post express post under 2 kg was $30 guaranteed next day delivery.... they might get a bit beaten up - as I can't say "LIVE FISH" on the outside, but will make up "fragile" signage for it.... I'm keen to send the girls out if you like.

They'd be a good match as I know they have no DT in their history, however have a dash of marble, as ONE of the 9 fry have the same cellophane BF pattern as Aurelius.

There was no red wash in any of the ladies, and the one male (with the BF pattern) had it, and then lost it (redloss?)

but they have a little bit of black from mum - so my one breedable male is not a full copper, but a copper orchid... with a decent metallic spread over his body (just not full mask)

Cheers,

-Ness

I think those curly fins are caused by poor water conditions when he was growing up rather than genetics. If you're feeling brave you could attempt to trim them to see if they'll grow back. But if he's happy enough then just spawn him and see what comes out. I think he's teal. That's my default guess whenever I see a shiny, turquoise with blueish bodies. *lol*

We love the Teals don't we 'Razzi?

Soon we'll be over-run with teals and blues... I'm excited to see the new pics of your newly jarred kids too BTW (ehhem) remaining on topic.... yes Harry is a strange colour! it seems teal and black over - what? cambodian? I'm a bit confused by his pigment. (paul?)

Anyhoo Aurelius is the rock star, and in my book - the only one to spawn really - he's in a totally different league.

-wannabeIBCNess.

Next :D

Merlin - Name means Sea or Ocean. Was going to pair with Crystal but she turned out to be a he.

IMG_3042.jpg

Perri - Short for Perriwinkle. The father of my youngest spawn

SAM_2337.jpg

Rick - The newst male that I thought was a ct but now I'm not so sure. Rick is named after Richard who is a member of the royal family somewhere along the line :D

IMG_4808.jpg

Sahar - My eldest son's other HM. Purchased because of his colour and because he looked to maybe be a bf. When I looked at him last night the blue edge on his tail is a lot bigger and has some pink coming through it.

IMG_3899.jpg

Sukuta - Bought him without seeing him clearly. He was in a shipment that had just come in and I couldn't see him clearly through the double bagging but bought him anyway. Sukuta is the name of an African prince or king. Not the best shot of him but the only one currently on photobucket and can access from work :D

IMG_4423.jpg

Go for it...

But, just to go back a step or two... I'd pair the gold DT HM with a teal rather than a copper. I think he is turquoise with homozygous metallic (ie the green equivalent of copper). A copper girl would yield only teal fish. A teal girl would yield teal and that green gold colour you have. But it's a guess!

Tiny - Purchased as a little, shiny, dark, delta tail, now looks to be a black mable copper super delta. He looked so small when I bought him, hence the name Tiny

IMG_3842.jpg

Will - Named after Prince William. My favourite ct male

IMG_4356.jpg

Was a little confused about the pairing info without my genetics sheet but I get it now! A little copper hm girl would still be a great match for Tiny either way.

let your new copper gal do her job!

When you have a good breeder - and that's their job... she'll be expecting VIP lady-service (such as my turq lady who's in one of the "big boys tanks" getting BW and live food, none of this sorority business)

My poor little turq lady is about to be paired up with 4 of my boys - just can't decide who's first with her!

(Thus the VIP treatment)

You certainly saved the best till last.... while Aurelius is (to my mind) the best fish you have in terms of form, Sahar is also a really lovely example of HM (Anal is a little long, but he seems very tidy) I like your son's taste in fish.

I would wait wait wait for a good HM girl to come out of Bettarazzi's super blue spawn for him... something with fantastic branching and straight rays...

Tiny looks to be a sweetheart, but isn't a patch on Aurelius.... he's certainly up there!

And while I'm not the biggest fan of VT's - perri is a total hottie.... very neat little fish...

What a collection! ...are all the ladies in a sorority tank together?

-Ness

At the moment they are all in there. I had Angel in a separate tank until today because of a large tear in her anal fin which I thought at first might have been fin rot. Dora is floating in a coke bottle in the sorority because she is too aggressive to put anywhere else at the moment. Beatrice is also floating but only because the day after I got her her fins clamped so I took her out to treat her with some meds and then quarantine for 2 weeks. She has been floating around in there for 2 days so if she looks like she's used to the others tomorrow evening after work I will let her out. The tank I have them in is too small for so many girls though I think so I am going to look at getting rid of the guppies on Sunday and put them in my 80L tank. Will they go ok with a clown loach or will he attack them?