Glass baster number 6...

argylebetta

About eight weeks ago I found some glass baster's for $4 in one those disposal type shops, cheap at half the price but the first one lasted a week. I was straight back for a second one which lasted a fortnight, then a third and so on. I knew the one in this pic was number 6 cause the guy told me last saturday morning he only got 6 in and I had bought them all one by one.

This morning I was popping in some bbs and watching the fry hunt them down, yelling GOTCHA every time they nabbed one, when I gently touched the baster on the side of the desk. smasharoo.

When I get a plastic baster I wont have to say "two hands with the baster" to myself every time I use it! :)

Posted Image

I have to get a friend of a friend to get mine for me. All we have is glass one's here in Gladstone. Plastic is definitely the way to go. We have one baster that is almost 2 years old now and still going strong after being used almost every day. Najina

Argyle, do you have a HOME (homeware/kitchenware) store near you? A friend from work bought me one for about $6, plastic, works like it did the day i got it.. No complaints. If not, I can grab one for you and send it your way if you like.

Hey Vicki.....I've got six spare rubber bulbs if you need a new one :lol: I've been checking for a Home shop in both Bendigo and Ballarat and can't find one but have to go to either on thursday to pick up blackworm so I'll try the other homeware type shops as well. If I cannot find a plastic one I'll take you up on that Mishy.....thanks a heap! :lol:

Ah.. so your mum is like the rest of us then? Buy stuff that we're absolutely convinced we need, then get home and find we have no idea what it is? :blush: Argyle, just let me know, Home is everywhere in Melb, so it'll be a cinch to pick one up :)

Found a shop called 'House' today, they had a few plastic ones for $3.95, not real good quality and I'll have to sand the sharp lip down but close enough. It cost me another $4 for the spiderman helicopter ride at the entrance of the shop so it would have been cheaper for Mishy's baster and postage, thanks alot anyway Mishy :goodo: $40 should include the turkey Callatya :fish: We would be in real trouble if mother's and wives new what we borrow from their cupboards.....I've been using my wife's tongs to move scorpions all year.

LOL.. no problem argyle.. anytime $40? I think that comes with an invite to dinner.. for roast turkey.. Ooo.. scorpians!!! I want! Mum saw me eyeing off the bird eating spiders the other day.. and well... let's just say she doesnt even want me to get an axolotal... I get my own back by stealing toothbrushes to clean my boys' homes :goodo:

One of the LPS's I went into this morning had some lovely bird eating spiders for $125. They were well presented too, much better than I've seen before, and well webbed up. Been meaning to get one for a while but have to find the right time to sneak it into the fishroom. My lovely wife puts up with the scorps but draws the line at spiders.

• 2 months later...

I quickly got over the glass turkey baster thing...and swapped to placcy ones...found em in one of them el-cheapo $2 buck shops...so i bought 3 !...havent needed to replace them in over 12 months,,,now thats good value... also found it better to wait til after christmas to get them...seems to be a rush on em at the end of the year... I dont have any luck with glass stuff I smashed 3 glass hydrometers in about a week and at 12 bucks a piece i was not happy...shoulda paid 23 for the placcy one to start with.

Archived