Migaloo is Sprouting

shadoh

I just love when fry reach this stage and start to show what they will become. Mind you, with the marble gene in this spawn, nothing is guaranteed!

Here is a photo I took of Migaloo on Friday:

5169444268_d4007cb616.jpg

His body looks a little short due to distortion in the jar...

I moved the fry into a 4ft tank on Saturday and Migaloo and the other jarred fry into bigger containers.

I took this photo an hour ago:

5177870331_5afccbae5a.jpg

Looks like he may turn out to be salamander (I know, it is a loosely used colour term, but it gives a rough idea.)

I hope he keeps the cellophane butterfly banding on the ends of his fins!

He's absolutely hideous! I'll bear the burden and take him for you Shadoh and hide him in a dark room where no one will ever have to see him.. You won't have to live with the shame of such an ugly fry! :whistling:

*lol* You know I'm just joking, he's gorgeous, and I suspect he's on steroids with such growth! Well done. :)

@fishish: Thanks! Migaloo originally got his name because he is the whale of the spawn and was pure white. The spawn was divided between 2 20ltr tanks.

@Sarah: Thankyou, I hope he keeps this colouring too. I'm hoping to breed him for his colouring.

@Yan: I know, I have to avert my eyes whenever I feed him. Where did such a hideously deformed fry come from??? Thankyou for the offer, but it is a burden that I must bear alone! :P :P :D

As for steroids, he is just a pig. It's the grindals that are on steroids! LOL I feed them (the grindals) liquifry for egg layers.

Edited by shadoh

That's so cute! Posing fish are great! Hmm.. I guess he'll have to settle for the sister. :giggle: Carnation used to pose.. but not since he has been shredded. He comes to see me if I call him (all my fish come when I call, I just say their name - I don't know if I they can hear me, but it is pretty impressive when I show people at least) and put my finger on the glass. Works every time. BUT, if I have a camera, he swims away. Smarty, doesn't want to show the world a GIRL beat him up. I think he is pretty ashamed. :(

Oooohhhhhh!!! He is just adorable!

I love how the purply-pink is coming along! I cannot wait to see how he looks as an adult - but then, I'm sure you are even more impatient for him to grow up!

How is the Migaloo-girl-to-be going?

He's a looker for sure. And to think, I thought he was going to turn out to be an ugly fish when he first started to show red wash in his fins... :D Still don't know if the bride to be is a girl or boy yet... :blink::blush: If not there are a few with similar colours, so hopefully 1 will be a female...