thinking of buy a almond tree to plant

jondo

there is a site from nsw that is selling a small plant for $22.75 the web site. so much cheaper than $8 for a single leaf or a box of 6 sachets for $10. only promblem is i havent found a place that sells them in qld. hey shadoh where about u live in qld?

Edited by jondo

do you just dry the leaves in the sun and thats it?

No. You need to wait till the leaves turn red and fall naturally. It's a deciduous tree. The mature, fallen leaves are what we use, not the green leaves. The leaves should be reasonably dry if you pick the reddish brown, fallen leaves.

why do you have to wait for the leaves to fall off naturally? cant you just pick them when there green and dried them in the sun till their brown? doesnt deciduous mean that it loses its leaves anually like in winter or when eva it is?

- Indian almond trees can reach a height of 35 meters !!

- Before shedding its leaves to survive the dry season, the Indian almond tree will retract the valuable green pigmentation, leaving the leaves pinkish-reddish or yellow-brown.

Im going to guess that green pigmentation is what is poisonous hence the leaves being ok when they are droped because the tree sucked out their life supply D= and they are now dead. If the leaf is picked there would be no way for u to remove the green pigmentation even drying it out youd just have dried out green pigment !

at least thats how i interpret it .. :P

I've never seen them growing in suburbia....

I'd suggest growing your own is a long term solution....wont happen soon!

They are a tropical tree that grows near the sea.....there are some near Brisbane....but I'm not telling

Anyway it's easier to buy the leaves....I do!!!

hey rod why wont u tell us where it is? i know oak leaves u have to wait for it to fall natrually but i cant find any info sayin that the almond leave has to fall naturally. poor mans conditioner it takes 3/4 years for the plant to drop it leaves for the first time. so what do people think of Atison Black Water? (think thats the name). what about the prepack leaves in the little sachets and the whole leaves, which one is better

Edited by jondo