Oscar the grouch

Neffy

This is my partners first fish ! I converted him to the fish keeping hobby, now its a constant battle against over feeding and panic attacks ... no he isnt dead hes just sulking....

today is the first day he has sorta greeted us, getting used to us being in the house now and wont hide at the slightest glimpse of something moving out side his tank. I have to admit i was reaching for the food bag when he greeted us today, very cute fish!

just a wee bub

He is gorgeous! I love the colour, and his dorsal. Such big eyes.

'Grats on the conversion of the partner (sounds so strange in that tense haha).. maybe now you can finally get those couple tanks that would look great *THERE*. Come on, you know you were eying of that corner. :P

haha im told im not alloud any new tanks :( i asked if i was alloud to replace current tanks with larger versions since now he will have to replace the 3ft with a 6ft when oscar grows up :P I got told no, but im going to do it anyway :P

Edited by Neffy

you mean i should train him to

PLAY SPORTS !!

oscar was looking very down in the dumps he was covered in a milky white filmy slime and was very inactive, we took out all his sticks and scrubbed/cleaned them changed 50% of the water and added aquarium salt which saved him.

10hrs later he was completely clear and back to normal very happy and begging at the glass again phew was a shock!

haha Maybe Ian is a savant at ticks...

Thanks Les IAL might be helpfull ill put some in!

It looks like an irritation thats caused excess slime coat to build up i cant find anything that looks like it so i will be uploading some pics tonight for advice.

I went around to Mums and asked her about when I had my Oscars and she said it did happen a couple of times when they where feed beef heart or products with beef heart in them (What would we do without our Mums even at my age) so maby that might help

Cheers

Les

Hey Neffy! Just did a quick google search on a hunch and found this:

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/diseases_ext_protozoan.php

Blue slime disease (ichthyobodo - sounds like one of the Hobbits' ancestors) is second on the list. Dunno about the cold water bit, but the rest seems to fit??? I just had a gut feeling it would be protozoan related and that protozin would fix it... not very scientific but I'll let you do the rest of the research and treat accordingly.

Hope you end up with a very happy grouch!

He is in heated water about 24-26 so im not sure it would be the 2nd one, however ill research a little more on that topic to see if i can find anything else :D he isnt flashing or rubbing against things he did display some gasping when it was alot worse but that has gone now too.

It seems to be almost gone so i might not do anything and wait and see.

• 3 weeks later...