Love is blind....

Mattzilla

I have an albino longfin bn that sadly had it's eyes pecked out by a swarm of hungry angel juvies when it was very young. In fact out of a dozen or so albino lf bn that got put into the tank it was the only to survive the night (completely my fault for adding small bn to a tank of 500+ hungry angel juvies).

I felt really bad about it and wasn't even sure if the fish would survive so i put it into a display tank to try to give it a good life.

Well over time it grew and grew until it became a nice big female. It still lives in the display tank with a couple of other albino lf bn... one of which is a big male.

Last night i couldn't believe me eyes when the fish with no eyes (nicknamed "Blindy McBlinderson") and the male where jamming eachother into a hollow log. I thought there is no way they will spawn but i was wrong! the male is now sitting on a large clutch of eggs and Blindy McBlinderson is set to be a mum.

Here are a couple of pics i took of her today. As you can see she literally has no eyes at all. I guess calling here Blindy McBlinderson isn't really accurate cause she's not blind...she just has no eyes! hahaha

4519989104_06b2e1c801_o.jpg

4519988858_9778d4b0fa_o.jpg

here it is in September 2009 when it happened

3958629066_86e3587449_b.jpg

Anyway, just thought i'd share a bit of a 'feel good' story.

Cheers

Matt

Hi Mattzilla, she seems to have coped very well indeed. Nice of you to look after her when most would have put her down without a second thought. I'm no expert but from observing my own I reckon BN's can't see much anyway! They definitely seem to work by smell and touch. Cheers, -Brad.