Got my AB fish home today

Marianne

Went by someone's today and picked them up:) The male was easy to photograph, the little attention seeker, while the female was being difficult, hence why there's 3 photos of him and only one of her.

Male:

IMG_7305.jpg

IMG_7315.jpg

IMG_7321.jpg

Female:

IMG_7337.jpg

:)

Storybettas is the breeder (or at least the person I bought them from). And let me just point out that this is not the seller I mentioned in another post a couple of weeks ago..

The male has built a big bubblenest overnight, and the female has been put in the tank with the other females. Figured I'd try because it would free up a tank, and she has shown no aggression:)

I'll condition them then put them in the breeding tank and see what happens...

These are spawning too (my smaragdinas spawned this morning) :)

I was gonna wait a week while conditioning them, but they were showing every sign of being ready, so I put the female in the breeder net last night, and this morning she was trying to break through the net while the male was trying to get her to follow him, so I let her out of the net and within 5 minutes they were wrapping... :D

Edited by Marianne

Oh and here's a photo that shows the correct colour of the female:

IMG_7359.jpg

She won't flare, she doesn't flare at any of the other females. She did flare at the male last night, but I couldn't get photos then...