Hi From Adelaide

zaphod 373

Hey there people, I have just set up a small tank for my 8 yr old and whoops it appears that my previously under control addiction to bettas is resurfacing. Oh no before long every flat area will be covered with tanks jars etc and with wires and air hose festooning my furniture. Seriously but Im moving in a few months so I cant get to carried away. I would like to get just a couple of really good bettas but I dont think my local fish shops will have anything I want so my furniture may remain clutter free.

Ha spotted that did you. Indeed my user name is in honour of zaphod beeblebrox the 1st. I am big Douglass adams fan went to watch the film when it came out with ten mates and we all took towels shame the film sucked. I suppose considering this site I should say so long and thanks for all the fish.

Hi zaphod! welcome to AusAqua! Your prediction sounds pretty spot on and very much like you have been there before :)

I have been here before and guess what? I went shopping yesterday and now I have 2 male bettas and a baby albino Kribensis oops. I couldnt resist the bettas though very nice for a fish shop. One is a red butterfly with very pretty lavender irridesence and the other sort of cellophane with a little marbling and green irridesence. Both with excellent fins for around here and both crowntails which I wasnt sure I liked but on them it looks good. I noticed you have a dance quote on your reply do you dance? I did when younger and now my daughters do its a wonder I have time for fish with kids who dance hey.

You didn't happen to get the VT boy from Aggies late yesterday afternoon did you? They had a lovely Cambo VT boy there also I was eyeing off :rolleyes:. I am on the look out for a lovely VT boy myself.

Jess

No I bought them both from a shop on Payenham rd at Glynburn but I think it was aggies last week had an amazing black plakat but at $48 a bit dear for me. Mine were 2 for $22, both have close to full half circle tails and very full dorsals and the pale ones anal fin is so full he cant fully extend it. They are probably close to the best I have seen locally although I havnt looked for some time. I wouldnt mind paying more if they were exactly what I wanted but Im not sure what that is yet some of the boys on the net are gorgeous.

Cath

Ahh nice. I know that shop, I went there once as it just opened. They have bettas in the aquaone stand? Do they have many Bettas at the moment? I am trying to find myself a nice red boy for my new little display in the kitchen. Also looking for females, so if you come across any can you please let me know?

That PK boy is stunning, I keep watching him, he has been there for about 6 weeks, but not worth $48 when you can get a proper HMPK pair for around that price.

Congratulations on the new fish! :rolleyes: Its just so hard to resist them isn't it?! lol

Yes, I'm a dancer. I perform and teach :D What type of dancing did you do? Kids just love to dance, my daughter dances also.. it takes its toll on the parents though! lol

Hi again I did mostly classical, Boravanski and Rad I am a bit past it now although I was considering going to do an advanced class this year at my girls school just for fun. My 14yr old daughter does the lot ballet [cechetti], tap, national,jazz plus she does special entry dance at school she should be starting her teaching grade next year in tap at least. My youngest [8yrs] only does jazz and is just starting classical because she would have had trouble staying focused when younger. Dancing does tend to take over everything doesnt it.

Ahh nice. I know that shop, I went there once as it just opened. They have bettas in the aquaone stand? Do they have many Bettas at the moment? I am trying to find myself a nice red boy for my new little display in the kitchen. Also looking for females, so if you come across any can you please let me know?

That PK boy is stunning, I keep watching him, he has been there for about 6 weeks, but not worth $48 when you can get a proper HMPK pair for around that price.

Hey again, the Payneham shop [yes aquazone stand] had a few but I think I bought the best ones. There are hardly any good girls around I got a cute but tiny Cambodian girl from Amazon at parafield about a week ago. I live on the northern side of town so if I see anything out this way I will let you know. I would like to buy a really good pair not sure what yet but I want to get them locally if possible and I dont know of any breeders in SA maybe Victoria. My next problem will be working out how to keep them if I get more, usually I keep them in 4-5 litre jars big enough for a tiny filter I make out of riser tube and an air stone but they are so hard to heat. I have used reptile heater cord wrapped around them with some success. Any Ideas?

A cambo girl? lucky thing! I am in the NE suburbs (Golden Grove) and only go to those around here. I am thinking about driving down to Fish Palais on down Port way later on this week. That shops usually has a fair bit of odd balls and always get good Betta finds. I will call them up and see when their shipment comes in.

Their isn't any serious breeders that I know of in Adelaide lately :rolleyes: They come and go.

I know JL has heating cord under the small tanks and it is wedged in between the foam that they sit on. That could work.

I live in Craigmore but my daughter goes to Golden Grove High so it looks like we frequent the same shops ooh competition. We will have to let each other know if we spot any good ones locally. I would love a giant but I think I will have to get one sent maybe from interstate. Might have a go at spawning if I get a nice pair but not till I move into my new place when its finished. Then I will have to cull the babies though, wont have room for a lot Ill have to find someone who has a fish big enough to eat them coz I wont want to kill them myself.

You can always sell to the LFS if you don't want to house them when they need to be jarred.

For sure, will let you know if I find anything down at Fish Palais. Though we'll see how the weather goes by Thursday, I nearly died when I was out driving before :rolleyes: