Lavender

najrick

Hi everyone.

This is Lavender. He is the one and only marble we got from our Blue spawn.

I thought it would be interesting to show two pictures of him and the change in colour he has gone through. The photos are taken 11 days apart.

Originally he was a real pale washed out colour, almost albino. Then at about 2 months he got a real lavender look about him (thus the name). Now the blue is coming out. Wonder what he'll be like in a few months?

And yes we are keeping him :whistling:

Najina

Lavender at 11/8

Posted Image

Lavender at 22/8

Posted Image

wow! I love marbles, except when you think they look perfect and their colours change again! I have one girl that was almost totally red 8 days ago, and Abbey took photos of her. She is now yellow with black marbling and the odd red streak in her fins. Looks a bit like the famous Bananaman! It looks to me like Lavender keeps getting better and better looking. I love that nice solid anal fin, too.

Any chance Abbey could post the old pic and you get one of her now? What about everyone else, do you have any pic's of marble fish changing their appearance in what feels like overnight? I love to see how marble change. Najina

:no: I've seen quite a number of them in my spawn, too bad I never take good pics, so I never bothered to take pics :whistling: Lisa, you're off to good experiements if u can get one of those marble girls to spawn. They're gonna throw lots of marbling :D I still like copper marble though, but it has to be a full mask copper. The marbling effects just awesome when they are full mask. About half of my copper gold spawn (the upright standing circus) are actually marbles, they just lost all the copper colour and left with gold colour LOL. Hmmmm....come to think of it, perhaps it's just the effect of 'copper'-loss genes ?? ;) :D

Thanks for the comments everyone. Sharon we will be spawning him with a spawn sister at some stage when we have an empty spawn tank which doesn't look like any time soon. All the females are blue and turquoise. No marbles which is a shame. Najina

Archived