Pepper Red

No the colour hasn't been changed in this paticular pic, I just had the camera flash and bright lights on him at the time of the photo which slightly intensifies the red naturally. But I must say he is a very vibrant red in real life, you should have seen Paul's reaction when I first brough him home :( .

I have used this pic to muck around with his colour, it's good pic to work with because it's so vibrant and contrasting, I tried to intensify the red to see what it'd look like but I liked him better gold instead :huh: .

Posted Image

No his ventral isn't curled, he just moved at the time of the photo :(( , his anal fins are normal. He does have a fault at the back of his anal fin where the caudal is overlapping but I don't think it's genetic, it looks like it's healed from an injury a long time ago.

I really hope Pepper isn't an egg eater too, I'd love to be able to give people vibrant red fry, that way you can see this shade of red in real life. I'm sure you'd love it, I'm not even a red fancier and I like it, so I'll give spawning him my best shot.

he is so bright, I would think that he'd been enhanced!  But I know Klara is a very ethical photographer so that's him, in all his red glory.  What a stunner!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^^ made me giggle *lol*

Incredible what types of CTs are coming through pet shops these days.

I can see in a few years only the absolute die-hards will need to import directly. The quality has just jumped. CTs seem to have improved dramatically this past 18 months.

Slightly OT, but hopefully the retail price will stay somewhere around a level making it still worthwhile for people to breed the Cts. I expect that in the next few months prices are likely to fall so much that I couldn't recover my costs if I sold them for what they are likely to be retailing for. Hopefully I am wrong *lol*

Archived