Hey.

spacefunk

Hi all, im obviously new to this site.. my name is Josh, I am from Sydney - 19 years old.. I am generally interested in all fish.. atm I am keeping mainly cichlids(tanganyikan & kribs), my brother has a few bettas and one of them (crowntail) I think is awesome and I wouldn't mind having one myself but I can't find any decent looking ones in any LFS I go to so atm I am betta-less.

Anyways, it's late and I am rambling on, nice to e-meet you all!

:(

agreed you'll find many bettas here, perhaps one of our sydney breeders will have some stock for sale soon?

if not just keep trolling the LFSs, just when you think you're never gonna find one you see a really good fish!

Welcome!

Hi Josh. Welcome to AAQ. The other way to get good bettas is to import them as some of us have done. Check out the crowntails on Aquabid. There are some pretty cool looking ones. I've been a member of this forum for a couple of months now and I'm sorry to say that we don't seem to be exactly overflowing with locally bred bettas.

Thanks for the warm welcoming.

That isn't a photo of my kribs but I have a pair that are fairly nice, not quite as good as the one in my avatar (drools).

Lilli & faewyn - Tangs are my favourite cichlid aswell and I keep a few species and the list is going to grow and grow when I hopefully purchase a 5ft tank in the coming months. My list atm is as follows

- 4 x Julidochromis regani.

- 2 x Julidochromis marlieri.

- 4 x Neolamprologus leleupi.

- 2 x Lamprologus` multifasciatus.

I am sure I will find a betta that I fall in love with soon enough!

Archived