Strange Bump Appeared near ventral fin?

SanSuprimo

Hi,

I have got 6 male betta's and i've noticed that four of them are getting a bump growing near their ventral fin? (i think its called ventral)

They haven't gone of their food and nothing has changed with water changes or anything?

any ideas what could be causing it?

i will try to get a photo later on.

cya thankyou

You don't want them to be overweight because as in humans it can cause problems and shorten their lifespan. I suggest you reduce the amount you are feeding. Still feed as often as you are just reduce the amount. For example if you normally feed twice a day, continue to do that but don't feed as much. I'm not sure if your boys can see each other but the other thing you can do is to give them some exercise each day either by using a mirror or allowing them to see each other for say around 15 minutes each day.

cool. will do i feed twice a day and give them 3 pellets so i will drop it down to 2 and would u still recommend going a day without food or maybe just once?

I can make it so they can see each other for a bit i will have a shift around :)

To give you a bit of a guage, their stomach is around the size if their eyeball. It probably can fit 2-3 pellets comfortably, but anything over that and you are asking for tubby bubbies! :)

I'd hold off the food for a day or two just for now, just so you can get an idea of what an empty stomach looks like too. When they are that full, it puts pressure on other things inside there and squashes things, which can lead to more serious problems, so try not to let them scoff so much :)

haha ok well now i know. I will cut them down and see how things go!

I also noticed this morning that one of my fish seems to have trouble swimming to the top of the tank and unlike the others he cant just float in the middle he sinks down to the bottom.

any idea's there?

It could be that being overweight is causing problems with his ability to operate his swim bladder properly. Yeah... agree with the others. Better put them on a bit of a diet for a little while to get the weight down. You need to watch the one having swimming problems. You may possibly have to lower the water level to make it easier for him to get to the surface to get a breath.

Archived