G'day...

Guest Assassin

Guest Assassin

G'day all,

Lookin to exchange knowledge and ideas in the betta keeping/breeding department.

Bit about myself...

I live in North West Australia. I have 8 male and 10 female bettas, 2 angelfish and one oscar. I'm breeding some of my bettas at the mo.

Lookin foreward to checkin out the forums. Catchya there.

Hey Assassin, Welcome to the forums... always good to have a new breeder. What kind of bettas you got? Post some pics in the showroom or if your ready get your bettas critiqued by some of our experts.

We have tons of threads with helping in breeding and if you cant find the info you want just ask and someone will be happy to help.

Have fun.

Ned.

Guest Assassin

Thanks all for the great welcome.

Well, I have just replaced all my breeding stock with new fish, so some of the females I am unsure about but have some plakats, vailtails and possible deltas.

Males I have 2 plakats; black melano geno and a choc bodied reddish finned weirdo, fins laced in blue. 2 deltas; one red and one metalic with some red on fins (petshop selling him as a female as he was young, tehe). One pastel vailtail and 3 I think they are refered to as 'rosetails'; one blue and yellow, one opaque with some red on fins and a metalic with some purple on fins. Wish I chould post some pics but unable at the mo, hopefully soon.

Only ones that have spawned thus far have been the melano geno, the choc plakat, the red delta and the metalic rosetail. - Not in good numbers though, but thats prob mostly my fault. Will be keeping some for refining colors/fins/size. - Long term project.

Weather is awesome right now, around 30 during the day, but gets pretty cold at night - being arid. Summers around 47, so tend not to use the aqua heaters.

Archived