New Betta Fan

Dibba

Hello everyone My name is Di and I am new to fishkeeping. At the moment I have two pet bettas, some silver sharks and angels. I also have a brand spanking new 4' tank which I will very slowly put together :yes: I got my bettas from my local quarium shop and am very quickly becomming obsessed with bettas in general and butterflies in particular! Just love that patterning :) Since stumbling across this forum I have had a whole new world opened up to me and I am spending way too much time browsing Aquabid! I look forward to learning heaps and maybe even contributing something useful in the future! Dibba

Thankyou everyone for the friendly welcome. I am from north - east Victoria (bushfire country!) and I am a mum with two teenagers. Sadly neither of my kids are really interested in fish - aside from the fact that my son wants a moray eel! My daughter is currently hassling me for a turtle. I am trying to take things really slowly when it comes to aquiring my fish - I don't want to rush in and find myself with more than I can handle :) Apart from the fish we have two dogs, three cats and a rabbit. I work with people who have intellectual disabilities and I am finding the fish SO relaxing after a tough day at work :fish: Thanks again and I look forward to learning heaps Di

Hi again Di, Hope you're faring well through the fire's. I've kept Moray's and they are great for personality, and we also have a pet turtle - but it's bettas ruling the house at the moment :D. I can't wait 'til out of hours to get my fish fix so I keep them in the office as well as at home. It takes someone special to care for people with intellectual disabilities so I hope the fish help :D. All the best, Peter

Archived