My First Betta!

E-n

hey guys i just want to share my very first betta with everyone! he's a metallic (i think) green doubletail butterfly. white face with a green body! hot! :lol: i found him at a pets paradise (out of all places) on a random visit cuz i was just passing by. anyway! i was kind of scared when he got bagged up. the girl was so rough when tying the bag up! he was shaken around like a milkshake :lol: looked at him when i got back to the car and he'd lost ALL his lovely green color. so i hope he settles in well in the 3.5 gal tank with some danios and a marble bristlenose. i'll post up pics once hes looking good again!!! wohoo!!!

oh i know.... i've already got another tank right next to his cycling so he can have an exercise buddy!!!

here are some photos! i think he settled in quite nicely as right after i acclimatized him and put him in, he was exploring the tank and pretty much colored up again! then... i picked up a mirror, he took a second to realize what was going on and :lol:

flared like mad!

Here he is in full flare, without flash he looks green!

Posted Image

and under the light he's more of a blue color, weird...

Posted Image

and a short video!

thanks guys for the comments! lady i'm really proud of his home! basically my first attempt with live plants (so i chose easy stuff to grow) and its gone really well! crystal clear water in this one too!!! i cant say the same for the one next to it... i cant seem to get rid of the free floating algae causing it to fog up... lilli- i thought so too! hehehe he's only 3cm (body) so im hoping that he grows heaps more! i've noticed that when he flares one of his gills opens up heaps and you can fully see the inside, is there any concern for this?

En, which pets paradise did u go?? i want to go and have a look as well..  :P  ;) pets paradise never have nice bettas . they only have VTs and CTs...the nicest ive seen in pets paradise is the one in chadstone..selling HM for 50 bucks..  ^_^  ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeh chadstone DO have nice fish but the price.... hmmm some nice CT females there last time i looked

i went to the dandenong one! i was so shocked to see him there! there was a nice white (opaque? i dunno...) SD (same size as marcus-san) maybe could turn out to become HM cuz i didnt see him flaring. he was pretty active too... and all for $15!!!

thanks for the comment callatya, it's so nice to hearall these great things about him!

i cant wait for my other tank to cycle, i'd like a BF crowntail in there

re the melafix/pimafix, I use melafix for bacterial things and pimafix for fungals. I know pimafix also does bacterials, but I find I have better success with Melafix in those cases. They are specifically made to work together (you can treat with both at the same time), so I like having both on hand

Archived