Red Pk's

najrick

We managed to save 5 Red PK's from an episode of velvet that wiped out a spawn. All up 5 PK's survived. Only one female :) We have the dad left but no mum :)

So the female is being treated very well I can tell you.

These are two of the males.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers,

Pat and Najina

Were the parents of these two both PK's?  And did you get all PK's in the fry?

Cheers

Olivia

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They were from a red Ammara traditional Plakat pair. And yes all the 5 fry are Plakats.

They are just going on for 3 months old.

Najina

Yeah it was a nasty dose of velvet. In one day half the spawn dropped dead. Then over the next two or so days despite meds they kept dropping off. All I could do was seperate them into jars and see what I could save. It was a hard thing to watch to be honest. All these fish dropping off before your eyes. But it was a nightmare from the start. The mum came out of the spawn tank in pretty good nick but then over the course of a week got the worst case of body rot I have ever seen. Nothing worked and she eventually died. The male has always been healthy and is still going strong. Not sure what it is about PK's and us though. Every female we have bought in a pair has died or been killed by the male and in one case a PK male proceeded to kill another unrelated female in a spawn tank. He went through 3 females before producing 5 fry. Coincidence or what :) And he is next door to the red male as well. :) It's a love / hate thing with me and PK's. Pat

Archived