New fish room

les

Well I was planning to have this baby finished by now but I have got sick again ( wife brought the flue back for me from Melbourne)

I thought I would put up some pics of what has happend so far.

This is where it is going

IMG_0943.jpg

Glass house down and area cleared

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1018-1.jpg

So then came getting the steel and cutting it

Cheers

Les

The steel cutting went ahead crazily easy

IMG_1028.jpg

And then put it together like MECANO :cheer:

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

And then I got sick so nothing els has happend since then except that the Codine they gave me made me have dreams of puppies ( bullmastif puppies actualy)

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

( Nothing to do with thread but hey I am on codine ):byebye:

Cheers

Les

Hey Aquaman

I have to build a shed out the back as I cant fit my car in the garage any more and it is to dangerouse with all the tanks now taking up floor space as well as on racks. There comes a time when you just have to bit the bullet and build a purpose built fishroom ( Man Cave ) it will make water changes more easy and heating will be less costly. I still have tanks in the house and will still have some in the garage but bulk will be in the fish room.

Cheers

Les

Hey Les

Do you plan on insulating the fish room at all? I am considering moving some of my fish out to my shed but wasn't sure about the heat in summer being too much.

Also, if you are looking for new tanks, I found a guy on Gumtree that I think is closer to my end of town than yours, but he can custom make tanks. The few he had on Gumtree were just the usual rectangle 3ft/4ft/5ft tanks but they seemed very reasonably priced for a new tank.

Good luck with the rest of your building :)

Hi Bev

yes I will be insulating the shed with thick polystyrene sheets. becouse of the constant breeze up hear I am instaling a pipe that will extend up out of the roof as the breeze passes over the top of the pipe it will drag hot air out of the fishroom helping to cool it during summer ( basic priciple of high presure flow to low presure). The shed will have assisted heating by a solar heat collectore for winter that will keep the rome at 10 to 15 deg warmer than the outside temp.

Yes I have seen the advertisment on gumtree and he is nearer to you than me. I will make most of the smaller tanks myself as it will be cheeper and I have got prity good at it now.

I would give you a word of warning about a garden shed as the roof is not very high, so if it gets to hot it will force the heat down onto the tanks and could have fatal consequences. If you are going to use a shed try and raise it off the ground on bricks. this will give you the hight you will need and then you can just extend the door by using sheet of tin from bunnings which can be attached through pop rivits.

Cheers

Les

Thanks Les.

The shed I was going to use is more of a workshop than a shed. It has 2 windows that can be used for ventilation and is cemented in so I wouldn't be able to raise it off the ground. I was going to move my current spawn out there so I can start another one inside. I have only been here since January and can't remember how hot it got out there last summer so I might have to wait and see. Or I could move this one out there for a couple of months until they are big enough to rehome and keep the new one inside during the hotter months. Might have to think about this some more :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Serkan

I havnt done much in the way of the fishroom as I have been realy sick. I havnt been out of the house much at all becouse of it. My mate Ian will be comming over tomorow to help put the colour bond sheets on. Then I will poor the concreat inside so that it is out of the weather. I think I will have to find some energy and make a consious effort to have it finish very soon.

How is your fish room going??

Cheers

Les

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is taking so much longer than I want it to but I now have three walls up and My Dad said he would pay for somone to lay the concreate so I dont have to ( Lucky Me )

IMG_1152_zps1865b566.jpg

IMG_1151_zpse56768fa.jpg

And that dog now lives hear

IMG_1149_zpsdb3365d4.jpg

Cheers

Les

Nice dogs! I had an Aussie Bulldog, Red nose pitty and a Boxer. I had to give them away to good homes as I moved into a unit. Seeing your dogs makes me miss them so.. :((

Seeing how many new fishies you get all the time, a new fish room is just the ticket!

So are you over the flu yet? If not Hope you get better soon mate.

Edited by Chi

Hey Razzi

I wont show you pics of the bananas then. They are so sweet and make the best banana cake ever. LOL

cheers

Les

PS The mastiff puppy cleans up all the wind fall papaya she cant get enough of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Alcard

I am always looking for new recipes how do Laos style differ from Vietnamese style?? as I have a recipe for Vietnamese style from this wonderfull elderly lady who used to call me The General ( a ref to Army and her love for a man in uniform ) and feed me that with pork spring rolls, YUMMY i realy misss her.

Cheers

Les

• 3 weeks later...

LOL @ Razzi

Ian is busy now with a limestone wall at his house.

No envy Ness the garden has been ruined by the two dogs

I have the plans drawn up for the shelves for the fish room to try and make every bit of space usable. I got the shelving idea from an English Killifish site.

I will use the blue barrels for growing out the guppies and Killi fish this summer that way I wont use up to much space in the fishroom as they can all be outside same for Betta spawns over eight weeks old.

Cheers

Les

Edited by les