New fish room

les

LOL

Hey Serkan

I have Killi fish club envy:drool: i can only hope that with more becomming available over hear that the number of people keeping them will increase.

How far off are you from compleating your fishroom??. and are there any up to date pics??

I think I jinxed the fishroom by postting to early. I should have taken the pics and then at the end of the build posted. I dont think I have been so busy in such a long time but never mind familey then friends always come first.

cheers

les

I had planed for a whole day working on my Man Cave ( fishroom ) all day today but would you believe it I had so many interuptions I only got a window in and the roof beams. Lucky my visitors know me well enough ( old friends ) to tell me to shut up and sit down. Still now I have the roof and a wall to do tomorrow plus deliver fish for a young childs B/Day GGGRRR

Just venting

cheers

Les

Hey Sarah

I didnt realise I had so many tanks I think they just propagate by themselfs. At least that is what I tell my wife:giggle:

Hey 6Ft

I think I can enclose down the utility side of the house. I have only just put this idea to the wife and she seemed OK with it or was that just a stuned look she gave me.

I am on a promise I wont get any more tanks till I sort this lot out. I did get 30 bottles today my brother got them for me, they are old style preserving bottles that I can use for jaring up young fry.:giggle: I think that dosnt break the promise dos it.

Cheers

Les

The roof and front of the fish room went on today. I will paint the front tomorrow and then the floor has to have a flood leveler poured that will happen during the week when the door goes on. I still have to get a electrician but I can put in all the conduit and all he will have to do is run the cables.

Pics tomorrow it looks so small now even my wife is saying I should have made it bigger :byebye:

Cheers

Les

nah no extending or building up. i saw PLENTY of back yard area, the dogs dont need THAT much back yard, stick another shed in ;)

my partners kinda getting the same way not wanting more tanks, i have:

14 bay 4foot tank (empty needs repairing)

1x 2foot (female bettas and snail)

1x 20liter (1 male betta, a few guppies, snail and 1 brstlenose catfish)

5x small tanks (4 have 1 male in them, 5th is spare)

6 bay 2foot (currently with 4 males)

1x square 1 foot spawn tank

1x 1.5 foot 4 bay tank

tonight im picking up a normal 4 foot (likely to need resealing)

in a few weeks i have another bay tank comming....

then ofcourse ive got a few plastic tanks for qt, two big fish bowls...

LOL @ you HisGirl

Sorry no can do another shed as the grass area has to remain for parties:cheer:/> we have a few.

I went to give some one a small collection of Moss today and came back with a 2ft tank and I will go back on the weekend and get another three I realy only want them for the glass as it is in realy good condition.

Cheers

les

Looking great, Les. As far as the chimney idea goes, have you thought of also adding an air intake pipe that runs underground to provide cool air? Otherwise whatever new air the chimney drags into the room would be warm from directly outside. The chimney would need a plug for winter too, I imagine.

Edited by splendidbetta

Hi Stefan

Yes I see what you mean. Two 1000ltr tanks are going on frames above the garden bed level with the limestone wall. They will be inclossed top and sides by wood planking. The intake will be under this construction so that the air is cold. Perth is basicly built on sand but I live on a limestone ridge so putting pips underground would be a mammoth task.

Nice to see you back online Stefan. I often look at your diagram/ Models for Betta fin forms and use them as my culling guide. How is your stock going??

Cheers

Les

So les how did it go telling the missus you got 4 more tanks "but only for the glass" hahaha. As tex once said "better get a lawyers son, better get a real good one" :D

I do not know how you guys keep up with the maintenance of so many tanks, must take a fair chunk of your spare time to keep on top of it all.

Hi 6Ft

I am pensioned out from the Army so I need somthing that will keep me ocupied. My Betta collection fitted nicely in the garage but now with the need to grow the Killi fish out I need much more space and I can take the Betta breeding to a whole new level also. As for the time it takes I am always looking for ways to make things easier so I will be setting the shed up so that water changes dont take as long. I am not sure that I want it to be automated in the sense of electric solanoides but I would like to be able to just open taps for water out and in. ( I dont like playing with electicity and water):blush:/>

Cheers

les

• 3 weeks later...

OK so I have been realy busy with spawns and all the other Murd at this time of the year.

The roof went on and so did the capping and the door

IMG_1364_zps372762c9.jpg

I still have to paint the door

I filled in all the gaps with expandable foam (dont get it in you hair it wont come out)

IMG_1366_zpsf6a830d8.jpg

I have placed two layers of polystyrene sheets on the walls and roof and each layer was sealed

IMG_1370_zps390dcb06.jpg

and now I just have to fix the window in place but I wont be able to do that till after the Festid season.

Cheers

Les

Careful where you put the window les, algea blooms love windows with sunlight.That reminds me of a video I saw on you tube that the blokes tank was so green you couldnt see his 2 gold fish in the tank but according to him gold fish love it. I prefer to be able to see my fish :P

Hi Serkan

I cant quite remember the dimensions now I but I will measure it up tomorrow when I come back from kens place. The shed isnt realy huge but I dont need it to big as I am enclosing down the amenities side of the house. This other area I am enclosing will be for My moss collection Killi fish and Koonack as it will only get the heat transmited from the house.

Hi 6Ft

I did think the window thing out and after a lot of considerations I place it at the highest level on the south facing wall so it wont interfear with any wall space needed for tanks. the window is long and narrow amd will never recieve any direct sunlight however I have enough room and plans to rig up an adjustable mirror to redirect more sunlight into the shed if and when I wont to. As the window will be double glazed there shouldnt be to any problems with heat transferance from the reflected sunlight.

Cheers

Les