Out of control

Wild Nut

I'm home, sick and bored so excuse me spamming everywhere with my posts *lol*

Anyways, it's hard to get photos of the main part of my collection as I have an empty 4ft tank taking up most of my floor space (anyone want to volunteer for a moving day, no suing if you fall down our stairs.) However, I snapped two shots to show how I have my fish area set-up.

Ignore the mess of airline tubing and powercords. I really need to sort them out. Also my room is pink. It now has to stay that colour until my fish move elsewhere haha.

Shelf.jpg

Top shelf (left to right): Betta unimaculata, Betta burdigala, Betta brownorum, Betta tussyae/livida/albimarginata, Betta rutilans

Middle shelf (left to right): Pseudomugil gertrudae 'spotted blue-eye', Pseudomugil tenellus 'delicate blue-eye'/Melanotaenia maccullochi Skull Ck, Pseudomugil mellis 'honey blue-eye'

Bottom shelf (left to right): Betta sorority, Goldfish tank

To the right of the picture there are two 30cm cubes with two female bettas in them on my chest of drawers.

Shelf2.jpg

Top shelf: Betta persephone (now with about 50 odd free-swimming fry)

Bottom shelf: Two betta females in 30cm cubes

Barracks2.jpg

Barracks.jpg

Then we have my barracks which is downstairs where I house most of my betta males and all of my killifish.

I have four other tanks not shown but they just house miscellaneous wilds and bettas.

Great setup. You must love the noise of bubbles ect. My wife says that every time the house is quiet (no kids or tv), she has to go to the toilet due to the barracks running and bbs hatching. Other end of house mind you. Lol.

Very nice Ashley.

Yeah my mum won't agree to tiles in my bedroom. I even have the plumbing for a sink as my room originally had one. I just need to knock out the wall between mine and the spare bedroom and voila a fish room.

Lot of white noise with my huge air pump and filters running. But I have gotten used to it now. Does make you want to pee though when the water level drops too low.

Main problem here is with condensation. I have to keep my bedroom door open on cold nights otherwise the condensation is insane. All the cats love it as my room is about 5 degrees warmer than the rest of the house.

as for the pump, I've started using a really good airpump that powers almost 20 tanks and with a sound!

Do you have cover glass for all your tanks? coz that would help with evaporation and condensation problems

I got kicked out of the house and had to use my workshop/shed. So now I have to buy another shed :dance: . I understand your pain about not being able to tile. I just love your set up :applaud:

It was intentionally purchased as a barracks. It's similar to Ness's one, just different dimensions.

I do have an area downstairs on a slab (our house is a very dodgy split-level) that is supposed to be my fish room area but water seeps in sometimes during heavy rain and it's freezing down there in winter as it is not insulated at all. Plus that room needs a priest to bless it or something as it gives off this 'The Shining' vibe *lol*

Hey Ashlea

I allways love the pics you post of your tanks and thats a great collection you have there. Parranormal fish room that could make it with a cult following :giggle: (The Necromatic Fish Raiser) any chance of a preview but it must contain icy breath LOL

Good luck

Cheers

Les