Fancy Marble HMPK Pair

shadoh

After doing water changes at Fishchicks tonight I filled up a couple of empty tanks with this pair. If I wasn't overrun with Bettas at the moment, I would have grabbed them for myself.

Please somebody buy and breed them so I can buy their babies, I promise they are worth it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R0tRFg-IBI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I am sooo close to buying this pair (as in may email someone tomorrow/tonight and see if I can squeeze them into my AB fishy parcel). I love that female and the male looks exactly like my Clownie. Besides, I need a bedside table buddy as I have a free tank and spare powerpoints haha

I swear this hobby is more addictive than crack.

Edit: May have just sent someone an email about them :whistling: Damn marble HMPKs get me every time.

Edited by Wild Nut

:) :D*lol*

Somehow I knew you'd love that female Ash! ;)

If you breed them, expect me to be lining up for a pair or two.

As I said, if I didn't currently have more than 200 Bettas to look after, I would have grabbed them ;)

It's good as I just moved all my killifish into my barracks the other day, so I have like 6 spare tanks lying around. Plus 90% of my tanks are finally fully cycled and my wilds take about 10 minutes to water change. I will just have to go on the dole soon if I don't start looking for a job haha That or win lotto.

PKs just have so much tude. I tried HMs for a while but between the tailbiting and titanic-style swimming they just don't do it for me.

Edit: They are now mine heh heh (assuming they are the same Desert Night pair she had on her youtube channel). Getting sent out tomorrow with my AB fishus.

Edited by Wild Nut

Either them or my male Clownie and his female who are fairly similar and equally nice.

Just have to set-up my spawning tank and silicone up my BBS hatchery so it doesn't leak everywhere and we should be ready to roll. I used to only like blue/white marbles but lately the crazier colours have got me hooked.

Well they arrived about 15 minutes ago and just went into their temporary accommodation. Female already exploring and had a couple of pellets while the male is taking some time to get used to his new home.

I had been checking their Youtube page constantly hoping someone else would buy them since someone list them. Glad I managed to sneak in and get them.

Will get some photos tomorrow once they've had time to relax.

Edited by Wild Nut

Ash, consider getting them up to a few weeks and selling them on in lots (obviously unsexed) but basically I hold back on spawns thinking that I can't grow them out entirely - but I reckon if there's magic in the spawn tank and I don't have room, just do it!

I can always part with them at a VB meet or sell them on if the parents are well documented.

(; I'd take a bunch of fry!

x

Haha it's more the very early stages. I always get some ammonia spike or older siblings eat younger siblings (my rutilan used to go into the log after his father had left the fry free-swimming and eat everyone before I could catch him!) or my :censor: BBS hatchery only manages to hatch 50% of my eggs.

I do have the space and time to grow them out to adults, just need to seriously dedicate myself and set-up everything properly so I'm not stepping over anymore tanks on my bedroom floor. Then after that, I'm going to hoard all the females in my homebred sorority :P Still don't know why females are not more popular. The ones I got just today from TMT in Thailand are absolute crackers. Blue marble and koi mmmm..

Haha it's the only reason I want to spawn. I just hope any fry grow ventrals. I hate bettas that are missing their ventral fins.

I now have a spawning tank after moving some of my other fish, thriving MW, VE and Grindal worm cultures, some BBS eggs from someone and lots of IAL, live plants and sponge filters.

Will move the pair into the spawning tank tomorrow and fatten them up in there. I will just card the female from the male so they don't get bored of each other.

Not sure whether to try Clownie with the cellophane girl instead of this male. I think Clownie's form is a smidge better though they are very close.

I feel like a doofus. I'm pretty sure I didn't actually buy this pair as my male is nearly all blue and my cellophaney female is missing some markings. I don't know why I didn't notice haha. Oh well I will still be trying some pair in the spawn tank this week.

I was like duh when I realised they weren't the same. Don't know why I thought they were.

I will be taking some photos of them and my new Thai females as soon as my camera has recharged. Everyone's settled in great and the male has started swimming around a lot more and showing off.