Better Betta Pallets

Hello :D

My bettas HATE the Wardley brand pallets that I give them. Most of the time they don't even eat them so I end up feeding them other foods. They are also too big for the females. The ones that are interested just swim around for ages with a pallet in their mouths and eventually just drop it.

I want to buy some irresistible small pallets!

What brand of pallets do you guys use? Where do you buy them from?

Hikari, or some other generic brand I bought a huge bunch of pellets from seem to work well - if they don't like what they get fed, mine go hungry.

When they arrive from eBay, I'll be trying Attison's as the growth rate Somchai gets is ridiculous - so is the price of Atisons...

If what you're using is too big - use a mortar and pestle and crush up pellets, I do this for smaller fry when I want them to start taking dry food.

Those freeze dried black worms are really handy - I also have a miscellaneous tub of freeze dried tubifex worms (for guppies) that I feed the betta occasionally.

I use New Life Spectrum community formula on my larger bettas and the small fish formula on my smaller wilds and killies. I liked the ingredient list as I didn't want something jam-packed with wheat and wheat products, and everyone is more than happy to take it.

I liked the original Atison's Betta Pro better than the one available now. The new pellet seems a bit larger. Bettas will still eat it though as Roy fish are testament to. I've been using the Fish Tukka pellets available from the ASV and EDAS trading table. It's actually a well-known, good quality brand which the club buys in bulk and repackages with their own label. They sell it at a ridiculous discount compared to the branded product on LFS shelves, approximately 60% off the retail price.

I bought mine online... and I'm in agreeance with Michael, there's plenty of kooky factors that have Roy's fish bigger than my "giant" Plakat dry.gif

However if I could work out what the hell those factors were, I'd employ them.

At the same time, I'm gettin' me some Atisons to try to boost my growth rate... oh, and I'm breaking into Roy's while he's gone to rifle through his barracks to try and work it out.